• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New to RC

woby

Hi there,

Completely new to RC after buying a Tamiya porsche 934  just last night, really looking forward to building it and driving it.  One thing when it comes to painting it-where the heck do I start? I don't want to screw the paint job up, any advice welcomed, cheers.

Mark

image.png.d4bb4eff83cb46bf57306cdbe981fc9a.png

image.png

Edited by woby

Good choice. The paint numbers are in the manual and it's relatively easy. The kit comes with pre-cut masks that you put over the windows/lights on the inside of the body. Then you simply spray on the paint in several light coats -  from the inside. There is then a film that covers the outside of the body that you take off afterwards. That protects the finish from overspray. Note that there's Tamiya PS and TS sprays. One is for the lexan body and one is for the ABS plastic wing. The manual shows you which is used where and the cans are labelled clearly. 

Most of the black is not paint and are stickers. Some sharp scissors are needed for those. Take yout time though!

Have a look on Youtube for tutorials on the body. I found the cutting/masking/spraying nearly as tedious as watching the videos but it's worth taking your time.

Nice Porsche! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses, I have decided not to attempt to paint it myself and I'm looking to have it done by someone with experience doing them, having trouble finding anyone.  I have emailed several UK based RC companies from Google results.  Any suggestions or recommendations?  Thanks again

On 1/9/2018 at 22:10, woby said:

Thanks for the responses, I have decided not to attempt to paint it myself and I'm looking to have it done by someone with experience doing them, having trouble finding anyone.  I have emailed several UK based RC companies from Google results.  Any suggestions or recommendations?  Thanks again

@Sharkfat78 might be who you need if still active.