• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My boy's carnage.

onepastyman

So you guys may recall that I got my boy a carnage for his bday. He absolutely loves it. Ok compared to mine it's a slouch but he is only 7 and it's his first proper car. I've told him that when he can show me he can handle the power and control it properly, I'd get better electrics for it. Which he is allready looking forward to. That's not to say I cannot start upgrading the rest of it. I've heard the ftx brand can be brittle and weak. So what should I be looking at replacing on it???

my boy had a brushless carnage and he kept killing the body posts...:yes:...and the original shell is made of glass....:rolleyes:..took all of 7 mins for my boy to kill the stock one.....:doh:.....and he did a few diffs in aswell....but he was running a bl system in it.....and it was very quik.....:yes:..I`d jus run it and see hyow it goes......or stock up on a set of arms....few body posts....all the parts r very cheap lucky enuff....:good:

Edited by evssv

Both my lads are running the brushed version, so unless they smash into a curb or lamppost... The trucks are pretty strong for the power. 

It's when you change to the brushless power plant that find its pretty weak. 

I have a vrx which is an upgraded version of the ftx.Mine has aluminum chassis and upper brace and it is already brushless with a 4pole 3650 3100kv on 3s.

First you need to shim the car,it has play everywhere.

Then you need to rebuild the diffs with grease or silicon oil and shim them correctly(i ordered more shims,the stock ones weren't enough)

You need to seal the diff cases(below are a couple of pics when i was running the diff cases stock)

Definetely get the covered spur gear case

Cover the spur from below the chassis

Switch to rw pinion,i chewed mine up last week on clear tarmac

Get decent wheels and tires

Apart from that and what the lads suggested above,you should be fine.VRX,FTX,HSP parts fit and are dirt cheap

25320024_1124192517716873_2050429264_o.jpg

25323302_1124192164383575_846711750_n.jpg

25393928_1124192201050238_539819626_n.jpg

21908853_1078082895661169_1382323288_o.jpg

IMG_20170920_184758.jpg