• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best 1/24 Rock Crawler for £150 or under?

As in title wondering what the best small crawler would be that doesn’t need too many mods doing to crawl well.

Something with real low down torque and slow gearing for proper climbing etc. Good steering and articulation.

The Losi seems a popular model. Does it have any good rivals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Probably get two for that mate. 1/24 hsp crawler is like £40ish. I had one of those it worked ok but like all my micros i soon got bored and dumped into a draw. Until selling it months later lol. 5x atleast all kinds of micros. I thought the crawler was too slow. They are slow but it felt extra slow motion all the time. 

If you just want to mess around with one search the cheaper options. FTX IBEX just came out when i got the hsp one. The ftx looked very cool more technical with rear steer. I think it has anyway. 

If you plan to do YouTube and or events etc. Ide try to get the losi trail trekka but that's a rare rc now or was. People ask silly money for them. But the odd one at retail does pop up. 

If just messing about at home 1/18 really world well. I enjoyed the losi mini crawler 1/18 much more than 1/24. 1/24 is desktop slow lol. 

Theres a tiny cell phone crawler mayb a v2 or 3 now but its probably not a good choice. I couldnt even build mine lol. Like putting atoms togeher. 

Probably get two for that mate. 1/24 hsp crawler is like £40ish. I had one of those it worked ok but like all my micros i soon got bored and dumped into a draw. Until selling it months later lol. 5x atleast all kinds of micros. I thought the crawler was too slow. They are slow but it felt extra slow motion all the time. 

If you just want to mess around with one search the cheaper options. FTX IBEX just came out when i got the hsp one. The ftx looked very cool more technical with rear steer. I think it has anyway. 

If you plan to do YouTube and or events etc. Ide try to get the losi trail trekka but that's a rare rc now or was. People ask silly money for them. But the odd one at retail does pop up. 

If just messing about at home 1/18 really world well. I enjoyed the losi mini crawler 1/18 much more than 1/24. 1/24 is desktop slow lol. 

Theres a tiny cell phone crawler mayb a v2 or 3 now but its probably not a good choice. I couldnt even build mine lol. Like putting atoms togeher. 

Thanks for that. Will take a look.
I love the look of the Glande d90 1/18
I did scale stuff.
But then that one they say needs duel motors to have it crawl properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

if u want a "rock crawler",rather than a trail crawler.u should go for the basher rocksta[making sure u get the metal gear upgrade].if u just want a messing about micro,the other options are a hbx-ftx-hsp-wl toys-or a 2nd hand losi!