• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC Christmas wish list 2017

mydoddy69

My wife and I like being sure that we are giving each other what we really want for Christmas, but we also like being able to keep an element of surprise to the season. And of course it is only fair that we have the same budget to spend on each other. So we give each other lists of things we'd like, to a value greater than the agreed budget, and leave it up to the other person to choose which items to buy. We are thus sure to receive items that we really want, but it is still a surprise to see which of the desired items await us under the tree come Christmas morning.

It also helps when friends and relatives ask for suggestions on what gifts to buy. By suggesting items from my wife's list that have fallen outside my own budget, it has been possible some years to get her everything on the list! She has done the same for me too in the past.

Edited by XV Pilot

15 hours ago, XV Pilot said:

In such cases I find that it helps to provide ones partner with a Christmas list containing part numbers.

I tend to also include hyperlinks, makes it so much easier for other people ordering. They can find something in the right price range, click and the link and buy it, easy as that.