• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

30 dnb buggy thread

kenny_st

As my WRC conversion is coming to end, alittle work will start on the 30 DNB....

Both diffs to have new fluids, 7 and 15k.

Shocks to have 25wt all round.

Losi 5ive std rear spring

Shock socks

Pull start cover

Swingp body shell retaining straps

Need to be ready for April 14th, first largescale bash of the year, at this spot,

K6bgxsC.jpg

• Like 1

Pins have been snapping  on the dog bones on some of the cars worth getting a back up. Oh and rc modelz are now selling shockwears 

Edited by kenny_st

23 minutes ago, QRC said:

Might get a set of wheel extenders, if I can find the correct ones to fit......:D

the area rc ones fit, that's what a few are using on the fb page 

• Like 1

well no one wanted the 30north and the 5b I was getting sold even tho I put a deposit down for it, so I done her first run in tank yesterday and was spot on, I have a jammed back brake which I will sort out next week.

going to order some 8lb ddm springs and some extenders next month 

Seems like people are having problems with dog bone pins snapping, i redone my rear diff today, something wasn’t right so put 12k back in there, waiting on the ddm springs to turn up now 

1 hour ago, kenny_st said:

Seems like people are having problems with dog bone pins snapping, i redone my rear diff today, something wasn’t right so put 12k back in there, waiting on the ddm springs to turn up now 

Hmm, the 30dnb did seem like a good buy. Is it nice to drive? Was watching RC Maxx UK's videos on it, seems like a neat buggy for the price. 

Only done the run in so far but gave it a few blips on the throttle and seems to be ok, of course it has a twitchy back side but the 12k diff oil should help tone  it down a bit and adds to the fun to. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/04/2018 at 18:12, QRC said:

My first break in / run will be this weekend. Will have run as stock, haven’t got time to make any changes this week.....:rc_car:

Did you manage to run it yet 

18 minutes ago, kenny_st said:

Did you manage to run it yet 

Sadly not, had to scrap that bash, had to have our dog put down the day before, so not really in the mood. 

12 hours ago, QRC said:

Sadly not, had to scrap that bash, had to have our dog put down the day before, so not really in the mood. 

sorry to hear that mate 

• 1 month later...

Well time to get this thread going again, just been out in my workshop and unearthed the said buggy, day off tomorrow so a few additions and start to break her in, that sounds weird just  on it’s own !!.

Fitted front shock socks and Swingy P shell clip cables,

Swingy P and shock socks....

Swingy P

5ive rear springs fitted,

5ive rear spring.....

Rear shock socks,

Rear shock socks.....

Edited by QRC

Had a crackin’ day yesterday, first run on a track, had a few minor issues, steering played up, now resolved. Diff and shock oils will be changed this week, hopefully this will calm down the back end !!. :rc_car:

Edited by QRC

Well this is my effort, only had it out couple times, cut a track in the grass where we run and this thing likes to hoover up the cuttings and keep it in the chassis so starts getting a bit hot. Looking forward to getting out more offten when the grass calms down a bit lol, fun buggy to drive though...definitely a challenge to drive with that lively back end.

DSC03332.JPG

DSC03333.JPG

DSC03335.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, QRC said:

Been looking into mesh to cover the holes in the shell, similar issues with half a field ending up inside !!. ;)

Mesh doesn't seem to help much, it finds a way in but doesn't seem to flow out the back like it does on my 5ive clone