• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

30 dnb buggy thread

kenny_st

11 hours ago, pflatoutbj said:

Looking to change the air filter to make more room to get at battery box any ideas^_^

I am fitting my kill switch today and will have a look, if it is possible and would do the job,

http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/petrol-parts/air-filters/rcmk-air-filter-set-for-losi-dbxl.html

12 hours ago, pflatoutbj said:

Looking to change the air filter to make more room to get at battery box any ideas^_^

It's totally your choice if you want to change it,

But that box and set up is so good we are having to bring it tons more because people want to fit it onto 'Everything' else ;)

Yes it's tight at the battery lid,

But how often do you really need to be in and out?

Is it really enough to get rid of an air box set up like that?

I'm not sure you'd get that Round version under the body shell without cutting out some of the body,

But it's totally your call :)

2 hours ago, hoss said:

It's totally your choice if you want to change it,

But that box and set up is so good we are having to bring it tons more because people want to fit it onto 'Everything' else ;)

Yes it's tight at the battery lid,

But how often do you really need to be in and out?

Is it really enough to get rid of an air box set up like that?

I'm not sure you'd get that Round version under the body shell without cutting out some of the body,

But it's totally your call :)

The R clips are the fiddly thing, well they are with my old hands, I just put a very small cable tie on each and they are least easier to remove.

I would remove my lipos after every run and not charge in situ.

Edited by QRC
  • Like 2

Just had a quick five minutes to have a look at the engine removal, not as bad as I thought. Good to see and hear the engine mount bolts have been loctite, needed a little bit of persuasion. :o

On the air filter front, anything one apart from the FG version, the shell will need to be modified.

2 minutes ago, Rover Man said:

Linked one of those this am, either it would need a shave :o or the shell opening up. 

should of been factory set,  took my engine out today to fit kill switch and madmax pull start also the nano tech 3.0 lipo does not fit so back to the drawing board 

Edited by kenny_st
  • Thanks 1