• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

WL toys?

wiggles

Hi guys,  as I seem to do every couple of years after selling all my RC`s im back looking to get some more!

However now my boys are 5&6 and want some for christmas.

I was looking at getting them a 1/18 ripmax husky and jackal as they seem pretty decent and LHS has loads of parts etc so makes sense.

I was thinking about getting something just a little better for myself (cant go having them being faster than me!) and saw the 1/12 accross which seems cool as ive had all the other stuff (baja, monster trucks, buggies, truggys etc).

However when doing to research it seems I can get this for £65 https://www.gearbest.com/rc-cars/pp_351315.html in WL toys version which looks identical?

Can anyone confirm if this shares parts with the ripmax? and if the 1/18 ones are also the same as the ripmax versions then even better as I could then get all 3 for pretty much the price of just the accross in the uk .

Just seems a bit too easy?

Edited by wiggles

Neither Ripmax not WL Toys are manufacturers. Both are wholesalers and distributors of products made by others. It is thus not only possible but highly likely that two models which appear identical apart from the branding are indeed identical, as both were likely made by the same OEM who then sold them to Ripmax and WL Toys.

ok thanks, im thinking I will probably buy the ripmax pair for the kids from the LHS just to know I can get the parts etc

Then maybe get the one I linked to for myself as watched a few videos and seems decent.

Would buy myself a decent charger again and a few lipos just for better run time, is it still the case of just a LIPO alarm and it should work well if im using them with a stock car such as the ripmax cars that come with a 7.2v Nihm?

things havent moved on too much then!

Dont want to go too mad as the last elctric I have was a rustler that I put a waaaay to powerful brushless system in and it just ate tyres and was not very easy to drive, so want something with resonable speed but cant be dealing with the 1200mah nihms with kids nagging to have them charged every 5 minutes!

Ripmax a wholesaler of hobby products, and are owned by the Futaba Corporation.

Guangdong WL toys industrial corporation ( WL toys ) are owned by Shantou Chenghai Welei Toys Industrial Co.....both based in China. 

WL toys does indeed produce its own RC products....it likely just copies the design of other brands

https://wltoys.m.en.alibaba.com/company_profile.html

Found this one with 20% off which is the same chassis making it only £46 so going to get one I think and looks like I can share the same batteries accross the 3 models I am planning on getting which makes things nice and easy.

https://www.gearbest.com/rc-cars/pp_351314.html

Edited by wiggles

1 hour ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Ripmax a wholesaler of hobby products, and are owned by the Futaba Corporation.

Guangdong WL toys industrial corporation ( WL toys ) are owned by Shantou Chenghai Welei Toys Industrial Co.....both based in China. 

WL toys does indeed produce its own RC products....it likely just copies the design of other brands

https://wltoys.m.en.alibaba.com/company_profile.html

That doesn't match the company description from WL-toys.com, which describes them as an "e-commerce company" and talks about the brand's for which they are distributors.

Perhaps there is a manufacturing and a distribution wing of WL Toys? Or perhaps the brand name is used by two entirely different companies? We all know the value of intellectual property in China...

Picked up a Husky and Jackal from LHS today as they have all the spares in stock and would rather buy from them when I am probably going to be heading there for all the parts.

Might get another of the same for myself just for ease of parts compatibility but the WL toys is tempting.

• 1 year later...

I'm sorry I'm not sure how this website works I'm just looking for some help with my wltoys 12428 lime green truck. Everything on the truck works fine but the speed has dropped to about half its original speed I changed the motor and that didn't help at all I was wondering if there is a different part that made me changing thank you very much for your help