• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My KM002 Baja - Story/Purchase Post :)

CecilB

Either buy new (because you can't really trust a second hand engine has been run and treated properly) or buy cheap, expecting to drop a new motor in and that to cost at some point.

I disagree..:yes:..the zen29 in my 5ive is as new....as is the rest of it...obv buying 2nd hand use ur common sense..:yes:...if it looks used abused walk away.:good:....if it looks like my 5ive.....start negotiations imo:yes:..as u will save a load of cash which can go on sum nice upgrades:yes:

59bee02b1ca39_05-BasePlate_thumb_jpg_3309f8ad3b48fd9a93674e4a8ee5158359bee02aa56f4_04-Bumper_thumb_jpg_dd199f56a292b13973541db6c62f1b5359bee02e2a63e_09-Shell_thumb_jpg_2c877448c6ba06c99a7075c5b2ac5a8159bee02c336eb_07-Servos_thumb_jpg_b4dada050a5672c7bcefb3ccd0b43f90

Edited by evssv

5 minutes ago, rdarsa said:

Nice Losi, good price, just lacking the £1500 big bore needed to make it quick ;)

Not worried about it being quik tbh...gota 30.5 gizmo full mod to go in it an that a do me fine:yes:..id rather buy another motor bike for 1500 quid tbh:good:..then buy a rc engine:rolleyes:..but each to.there own:good:

Edited by evssv

Once you have learned how to start a cold engine - you really won't need an electric start. You need a pull start with a metal pawl, not a plastic one.

This is how I start a cold engine

1. Richen the low speed needly by 1/4 (out/anticlockwise)

2. Fill the bulb with fuel

3. RX and TX on - kill switch not killed

4. Trim up the trottle by about 10%

5. Do NOT use the choke

6. Pull the pull start fully slooowly about 4-5 times to get some fuel in the cylinder

7. A few fast pulls will start it

8. Trim down the throttle, lean out the low speed slowly as the engine warms up

Now its warm, the next startup is very very easy.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Great post and this is the exact one I am thinking of getting, either this or a second hand HPI Baja 5b SS with upgrades.......Just to confirm after doing some research, the HPI Baja uses a fuelie engine, 23cc on the 5b RTR and a 26cc on the SS, the KM also uses a fuelie engine which is 29cc, so great value for money on the KM :)

buy a KM with a 34CC engine - I am amazed how quick mine is! you will love it and never feel short on pace!

Have a read of this post....

Edited by rdarsa
  • Like 1

Wow what a beast!!!

this was my first choice a while ago, but just a bit nervous on the import tax, but they emailed and offered a discount, so delivered will be around £620

http://www.kingmotorrc.com/1/5-gasoline-buggy/upgraded-2017-1/5-scale-ksrc-002-34cc-gas-rtr-baja-buggy/

is comes with some aluminium upgrades too, what make of engine is the new 34cc? Is it a fuelie like the 29cc?

i prefer the size of a baja

I think he is talking about this one:

https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/rc-cars/1-5th-scale-petrol-cars/km-blade-5b-buggy-34cc.html

It is not a baja in the traditional sense, those are like the HPI Baja and KM Baja's.

In it's name however it does say KM Blade Baja buggy, and whilst different from the normal baja style, it is still rear wheel drive with a very similar chassis, just a bigger engine and different body. The wheelbase also looks a bit longer but I am not sure about that.

• Like 1