• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Revo electric conversion ?

forbs

Hi guys i was hoping somone could help me. My revo engine is leaking from the flywheel and over heating so insted of spending a fortune trying to replace it with another odd ball after market unit i would try convert it to electric. 

I already have 1/8th brushless running gear so im hoping it would be fairly streight forward getting and installing a conversion kit, at hopefully less then the cost of a new engine. What do you guys think ? And does anyone know of a good supplier of conversion kits for revos. 

Many thanks. Dave 

9 minutes ago, forbs said:

Hi guys i was hoping somone could help me. My revo engine is leaking from the flywheel and over heating so insted of spending a fortune trying to replace it with another odd ball after market unit i would try convert it to electric. 

I already have 1/8th brushless running gear so im hoping it would be fairly streight forward getting and installing a conversion kit, at hopefully less then the cost of a new engine. What do you guys think ? And does anyone know of a good supplier of conversion kits for revos. 

Many thanks. Dave 

to much top weight once the motor and lipos are fitted.  most people sell after doing the conversion.

• Like 2

As said they are horrible once converted. 

Unless you use an erevo chassis and gearbox for the conversion. Newer bl diffs would help too. Then itll be an erevo.