• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AXN Floater-Jet help with ESC

Hi, I'm about to buy the Floater-Jet from HobbyKing (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/floater-jet-epo-with-motor-1290mm-arf.html) and most people suggests to avoid the stock ESC and use a 30A ESC with BEC and also to buy better servos. 

I can't decide what to buy with all the diversity of products out there.

Can someone help me with what ESC, servos to buy. Some of you might have experience with Floater-Jet. Thanks. 

I pretty much default to hxt900 servos and turnigy plush escs for my stuff these days. Its what I have ready to go in the next bixler build which is virtually the same plane. Never NEEDED a seperate bec for something of the floater size (four servos) but for safety I normally include one. I use a variety, I think turnigy and bluesky 3a version.

Edited by Smoothybb
  • Like 1

Never needed a seperate Bec in the AXN. Like Smoothy said the HXT900 are cheap do the job ( buy a couple extra as they do strip gears if crashed sometimes) and a hobbyking 30a is what i use in a few of my models. Never had  problem with them. AXN is cheap and chearfull but does fly great, even when its 50% hotglue and glass tape!

• Like 1