• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Brushless set up problems firestorm

I have a battered and beaten up firestorm flux that's lovingly known as frankinstorm.

It has a cheap inix racing 12t motor mated to a 60a esc with some turnigy 5.2 30-40c l2s lipos.

This set up has stayed the same for about 3 years. 

Basicly after about 12months of not touching anything iv cleaned up old frankinstorm balanced my lipos of which only 2 were any good. These two are my ones listed above, both balance as they should.

What's happening is when you hit the throttle the car will shoot off as it should then die,  then it will wake back up again and be fine! If your Easy on the throttle its not a problem but any amount of harsh acceleration it does it.

This this just a case of crappy electrics?

I had that issue with mine however I was running stock brushed 15t motor and HPI esc.... I had the issue though using the stock NiMH  battery as it just couldn't provide the power when it needed it. Using 2s I've never had that issue. Possibly the esc could have a high / dodgy LVC level?

P.s. awesome name for it lol

Edited by Shokka

Check LVC settings

If the LiPo packs are old, they could be sagging  and causing the LVC to kick in, which is why if you are gentle, it doesn't do it.

When you stop and test the voltage, it goes back up and might seem okay.

You could try:

New battery that you know is fine. If it works without issues, then your packs are probably on the way out.

Or get a LiPo alarm, If the alarm goes off pretty quickly, same as above

I use a lipo alarm any way,  just had a bash around the garden probably had a good 44mins of run time out the pack,  lipo alarm acted as it should and told me when to switch out battery pack.

However perhaps it's time to invest in a new one