• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help with hpi trophy truggy

Hi all,

Got a problem with the truggy went to use it at weekend, and runs fine off the ground,

Problem when I put it on the ground it won't move but everything turning as it should, also makes like a torque sort of sound

Any help or advice will be much appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Usually in these cases it's the internal spider gears. Loses power through the non driving wheels and struggles to move. Can spin fine off the ground through momentum.

A way to check is holding the other wheels while only one spins to feel how much force is there on the others.

if not, Could be a grub on the input cups or an internal drivepin

Edited by dazp1976

Center diff spider gears.

Open it up and have a look. Looks like it tried to drive at the rear but there was no front drive so all power lost in the diff where the bad gear just spins up.

Replace with 101142 hard gears and oil. I use 30k.

It would work fine with wheels off the ground through momentum

Edited by dazp1976
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kef construction said:

Yeah it works off the ground, reverse seems to work fine as well, should this be happening after about 5 hours use?

If it turns out to be that and If it's still using the standard steel diff internals then you've done well to get 5 hours :thumbsup:

Since I put the hard ones in I haven't had to replace them for a year so far. 

• Like 1

So, Would this not come under the 2 year Warranty,  Or do they class it as a wear and tear part, Thus giving them fall orthority to keep using parts not fit for purpose.

7 hours ago, Kef construction said:

Update on repairs all the gears diffs and housing no idea how they all go tho, hopefully all will have it all repaired for weekend,
Thanks for the advice of everyone

https://www.hpiracing.com/assets/documents/instruction_manuals/101874_trophy_truggy_flux_glb_m_v1.pdf

Shows you diff teardown etc.

Usually 2x 0.2 shims go on the ring side of the f/r diffs if you do them. I use a 0.2 & a 0.1.