• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

lc racing esc help

redz

morning,

could anyone assist with a problem I have with the esc on my emb-1 please.

the car started to stop/start on its own. I have calibrated the esc a couple of times but now I have lost reverse. it looks like the esc has had it as when I swop channels with the steering the steering works fine and the red lights comes on when I reverse but no power to the motor.

I've looked around the tinternet but the replacement from the  Schumacher web site is £52 , would anyone know where to get one cheaper or an alternative ? not to sure about the  ones with a fan as sometimes I run 3s so I would struggle for space.

thanks in advance.

hobbywing ezrun 60a, should be available much cheaper via eBay / LHS - the lc stock esc is the 35a version of it - many ppl fit the heatsink off the 35a onto the 60a to cut height down - on 2S many find it doesn't need a fan - 3S I def would.  I'm currently trying the hobbyking version of the trackstar sportsman and i'm not overly impressed - the ezrunI used to race with was far superior.

eg China seller: £25

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hobbywing-EZRUN-60A-Brushless-ESC-Speed-Controller-For-1-12-1-10-Scale-RC-Car-/172462535516?hash=item282791735c:g:DxoAAOSwa~BYY3d0

modelsport - £40 ish del

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-ezrun-60a-sl-bl-esc-for-1-10-car-and-truck/rc-car-products/376971

thanks for you help, I might have to look for a different shell to incorporate the fan . I don't mind £25 !!

The fan isn't needed on these, i run 60amp esc in all my mini's with no fan on them, i have 3 emb's 2 have hobbyking 60a esc the other has a trackstar 60a esc none have fans on and lifting the body using small composite washers under the body mounts works really well on the buggies. I did try using a smaller heat sink from the 25a esc on the 60a but found it did get hotter than i would like, holes for getting some air circulation drilled into the body works great too.

Si