• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Some suggestions about buggy !

Greetings, i would like some advice for a purchase i want to make... I would like to buy a 4wd 1/10 buggy for some "easy" bashing. I use most 1/8 monster-truggy for bashing 
but i would like a smaller rc that can fit in a backpack..something like a "take anywhere" RC. I ended up that 1/10 scale is the best for my needs. I dont want anything smaller (1/16-1/18).

The things i want for this buggy would be

1. Parts availability
2. Good Selection of hop-ups
3. something that will last for some time cause i 'm planning to spend some $$ on upgrades

I did some  research and i found theese:

FTX Vantage
https://www.modelsport.co.uk/ftx-vantage-1-10-4wd-brushed-buggy-2-4ghz-waterproof/rc-car-products/379131

It has good selection of hop ups, cheap parts, but as far as i know FTX re-brands chinese RC's, i read mixed feelings about this in rc forums. 

ABSIMA HOTSHOT Buggy
http://shop.absima.com/ABSIMA-TEAM-C-RC-Cars/ABSIMA/1-10-EP-Buggy-AB2-4-4WD-RTR.htm?shop=absima_en&SessionId=&a=article&ProdNr=12205&t=3&c=11638&p=11638

I cant find much information about this buggy..i know that Absima is a German brand...and it has some hop ups but not as many as FTX

I dont mind buying a brushed one since i plan to upgrade to brushless later...i'll be using 2s lipos i already have. I want to keep price relatively low cause this will not be my main bashing RC. Never had 1/10 but i undersand its limits as fas as "bashing"  machine.

Can you give some recomendation between those..or any other that comes in mind. 

P.S. Sorry for any bad english, not my native language.

• Like 1

Looking through the Tower Hobbies catalogue I can't see much other than ££££ kits.

I wouldn't fancy the FTX.

In my view, if I was ever going to look at 1/10th scale I'd be looking at "Tamiya" products. :thumbsup:

I like the look of:

https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/products/tamiya-rc-dual-ridge-4wd-buggy/

But haven't researched it much. Many of them share parts tho when based on the same chassis.

• Like 1

I was looking at the tamiya df02 yesterday looks good for a tamiya. 

But the back pack kings are probably. 

Losi mini 8 

LC racing mini range buggy to MT all in between.  My 2nd favourite. 

Charisma have some nice looking 1ten stuff but idk about them. 

Hpi savage xs (beast but high maintenance) my favourite by far. 

Hyper 10TT gteat rc but they've killed it off now parts are hard to get. 3rd if parts were ther. 

Edited by RCbutcher

well..thanks for the replies.....

I never thought of getting a Tamiya...i know its a well known RC compay with many many years in the industry but none of my friends here ever had a tamiya product. That of course doesn't mean that they are not good.

I did like this https://www.modelsport.co.uk/tamiya-neo-scorcher-buggy-tt-02b-/rc-car-products/376210 better than the  dual ridge, just better looks if you ask me. But they are the same platform (TT02B) , which seems very decent for the money and with good upgradability potential. Lots of hop up parts from 3d party companies too. 

As far as the df02 (and the new df03) platform, ...well i'll pass, for some reason i dont like it. 

What is your opinion about Tamiya generally, part support etc.  Do you know anything about the TT02B platform, should i spend money on it or its way too "beginner" plaftform to invest (brushless system, hop ups)

• 2 months later...

Well, my LHS stocks Kyosho so i'm looking for Kyosho options. First option is Dirt Hog at about 200 euro  and then there is  a second hand zx-5 wich of course is a competition buggy and i can find it at about 200 euro too (electronics included)

So, any thought on theese too?

I know that they are on different leauge, one is rtr, the other is competition buggy with much better quality...but a very old platform too! 

Whatever buggy i choose will be for bashing only!

What concernes me about the zx5 is that is too old to invest with upgrades since the new zx6 is based on a different platform and i dont know how many parts will cross fit!

Edited by leontheprof