• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Gorrillamaxx G2

yoodoo

Finally getting this together.I bought it as a roller and it had a few goodies on it. Unfortunatly it looked as if had been kept in a damp shed and all the bolts had seized in it.After a strip down and a semi-polish its coming together.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

• Like 1

Not the strongest of chassis James, and some say the batteries are a little exposed, being mounted low.

I changed to the FLM chassis, mainly for the stretched look - longer W/B giving more body options.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good chassis and interesting alternative.

Al.

Edited by atom3624

5 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Not the strongest of chassis James, and some say the batteries are a little exposed, being mounted low.

I changed to the FLM chassis, mainly for the stretched look - longer W/B giving more body options.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good chassis and interesting alternative.

Al.

Have a look in the background Al, there's my FLM chassis, strong but bloody heavy mate. These Gorillamaxx chassis's are light...and I mean light.I have still to build uo my other two and have a good few goodies to go on them.

J

Got one James.

In pieces!!

Long story.

Probably made for racing - there are 'stretched chassis' adaptors on Ebay to make it same length as the FLM - still on Ebay.com I think.

Al.

• 2 months later...

What a job to sort those seized screws out.I have had to re-tap and over size holes!!!!:ack: Not the best of jobs and all. Anyway,I have started the finish of the truck now and it's not far off completion.Mainly electrics,roll cage,wheels/tyres.

A few pic's to whet your appetites.

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

J

• Like 1

Just having a slight problem with the drive shafts,they are a bout 3-4mm too short and I am probably going to experience 'drop out' with them. I'll have to look at my other Maxx's to see how I sorted it with those.I'm sure I used CEN drive cups....or was it MGT's:boredlook:.

I have heard that the CEN Collosus drive shafts are the dog's danglies and are a few mill longer....Fleebay here I come.;)

J

15 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Just that UE diffs are notorious for having short cups.

Al.

They are not the standard cups on them mate,I don,t know what they are but not traxxas.

J

Right,problem number one! When I have put the steering rack on it's fowling against the prop.Can any of you gents see what I'm doing wrong as I can't see nother way ?

Gracias.

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

J

Can those posts be placed such that the 'spacer part' is at the top, not the bottom?

That way, the pivot / steering post would also be rotated upside down.

Al.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 23:13, atom3624 said:

Can those posts be placed such that the 'spacer part' is at the top, not the bottom?

That way, the pivot / steering post would also be rotated upside down.

Al.

Yes mate,good idea.

J

Done as bit more on it the other day.I was having trouble with the shock stand-offs.I couldn't find anything to set them off with as the shock towers are at a pretty awkward angle. Anyway I went through the spares at HK and came up with the ideal stand-offs.I had to do a bit of grinding work on the "bobble" but after that was removed it was good to go.^_^

DSC_0269.jpg

DSC_0268.jpg

J