• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help! Running fault.

Jonnysc

I have just bought a second hand Axial Wraith, set up as a crawler, with a lipo battery (my first car with a lipo) when running the car it goes forwards and steers perfectly, but reverse is hit and miss. The led on the esc blinks when reverse is selected but it only goes backwards one in ten try's? Before I get a new esc and possibly change to sensored brushless is there anything else I should try first? It is currently brushed wit a Fushion esc. 

Im not sure how good the battery is either, the charger it came with seems to charge it ok but it doesn't have the punch I was expecting from a lipo, like I said I'm not used to them though.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated,

thanks Jon.

Right, messed with it for ages and tried different settings but still the same? Still very hit and miss with reverse, maybe works one in 8 times. Thinking of replacing esc and motor, is it worth going sensored brushless? Need to check the Lipo out with a multimeter too, not sure it is holding its charge properly. Wheel speed is surprisingly slow and doesn't have the torque I was expecting. The motor has no sticker on it though so no clue as to what it is and I haven't looked  at the gearing either. Think a full stripdown may be on the cards. Maybe a 2nd hand one wasn't the bargain after all!