• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HoBao Hyper ST Truggy Pro

26 minutes ago, Rustypeb89 said:

Great, ah cool thanks will check them out like the idea of just having to buy more rx's for other models instead of a whole kit. 

yeah beats buying spectrum ones at 20-25+ quid each time....:good:

Edited by evssv

sweet.:good:..do sum threads on them if/when u do.:yes:..I resurrected my 1987 Tamiya striker from the grave.....looks better then new now....:good:

heres my old skool tam collection as it stands atm....1983 frog....1985 fox...1987 striker....I want one from each 1980 year....

20160315_185213_zpsd3higusn.jpg

it looked like this when me mum found it in her loft...

STRIKER001_zps6415aa8c.jpg

20150403_211654_zpsoxmuczdz.jpg

STRIKER003_zps6e5cc07d.jpg

20150403_211502_zpshdcnyhbs.jpg

STRIKER004_zps9326e231.jpg

20150403_211540_zpstylkdo2t.jpg

wish I kept my blackfoot now.....had that at 10 years old....and the striker at 13/14 I thk.......41 now...:rolleyes:

Yeah I shall do getting really excited about it all now, do remember that they are all broken in some way so will be interesting to see if any can be saved. 

You have some cool cars there think I have seen a striker before, tho mine are a bit newer think they would be late 90s early 00s. there should be a mardave stock type which was my first taste of racing then a couple team associate touring cars anoither touring one I can't remember the make of, a Schumacher fireblade evo that I would love to get going again but remember trashing it most of the time just jumped it as high as I could most of the time. My brothers old nitro might be there too but never played with that one.  

Today's hopefully the day that the kit arrives can't wait to get started on the build. 

I have ordered the transmitter, a receiver, battery pack for the electronics and the servoes which should all come tomorrow. Am going to have to wait till pay day to order the engine and other nitro parts but should be able to get it running by early Feb. 

Will update once I have started the build. 

So have received the kit and have started to build it up and already hit a problem :/ 

i have made the frount and rear diff the centre came already assembled. 

I have started making the frount gear box and this is where I'm stuck I have put the gearbox together and started to add the shock mounts but have completely different parts to the manual they show one molded plastic part I have a few plastic and metal bits. 

The parts I have 

IMG_2611_zpsu4soa7fq.jpg

how the manual says 

IMG_2612_zpswzfurccd.jpg

and how I think it might go but still seems wrong. 

IMG_2613_zpsziswzbn8.jpg

Any surgestions or if you have this truggy some pics of its front end would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Rustypeb89

The build is going well sofar except one peace missing or lost by me a shaft to hold one of the rear hubs on, hopefully I will find it in a bag somewhere but will try and find somewhere to order some from just in case, thankfully I can carry on with out it for now tho. 

Also so looking for some advice there is a grub screw in each of the lower arms that I guess are there to stop them from dropping to much. I was wondering how these should be set to start with? Currently they are in but level with the bottom of the lower arm so not really doing much. 

Thanks 

The grub screw controls the droop angle of the arms. Start with the screw just touching the chassis. If the arms droop too far then the drive shafts could come out the diff cups.

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2011/06/23/the-deal-with-droop/

http://www.competitionx.com/rc-tuning-droop/

Edited by locky
  • Like 1

Have got the build as far as I can for now. Hopefully the electronics will come tomorrow so i can get that fitted then just waiting on the engine which i will order on payday 

IMG_2648_zpsfyigfbqf.jpg

With the body, I did start the masking ready for painting then remembered I need to cut more holes once the engine is fitted.

IMG_2649_zpsafbhdhhk.jpg

IMG_2650_zps0pbzuffm.jpg

• Like 1

Think i have got that made up right, I'm missing the plastic part on top of the diff i think its the air filter holder? so will have to order one of them by the looks of it.

IMG_2676_zpsaotanqxu.jpg

The engine was sent this morning so will hopefully be here some point next week so will continue the build then.

Edited by Rustypeb89