• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Slash 2WD LCG ?

I'm 50 50 as to whether I should buy the LCG kit for my 2WD slash, here's why.

I took it out for a bash the other day to the local BMX track again for the 5th time. Finally I broke it after many nose dive landings and cart wheels, a new RPM rear shock tower is on its way. So to be fair this thing is pretty tough and I love it for its reliability.

I would like to improve the handing though, but opinion has me undecided; most say that the LCG improves the handling and to be fair the 2WD Slash does need something to improve it if I am to hit the jumps at speed and in a straight line. However, a lot of people are also saying that with the LCG kit fitted strength is somewhat compromised.

What do you all think, should I go for it or not? 

Regards 

Idk about losing strength but it's funny how many 4x4 lcg chassis I've seen snap across the front bulkhead part.  

I sometimes regret lcg for lcg tho too going over rough stuff might hinder it. 

You can research the proline protrac kit it was around  £50 years ago mayb the same as the lcg conversion buying new in pack. 

It gives you new shock towers, arms, links, hubs I forget if it's just a pair of hubs or all 4. Then includes 0 offset rims which I thought can only be used with the kit. Hence being included but since heard otherwise. I only used the 0 offset tho. Totally changes the geometry of the slash with tons more tunability plus online set up sheets. 

My slash 2wd could turn around 180° with half throttle 4000kv 3s. Which was miles better than before lol. it'd just fall over on the apex.

Some say it's less durable and that did put me down alittle since I couldn't find some stuff listed seperate if they got damaged. But it was fine while I had it but I didn't go crazy with it.  

Edited by RCbutcher

I fitted a LCG chassis to mine and it made a massive difference. I had tried upgraded shocks and other bits first but nothing helped improve the handling until the LCG was fitted! 

• 1 month later...

I'll admit that i dont "play" with the Slash as much as i should do but i recently picked up the LCG chassis from Traxxas to reignite my love for the truck... it needs a rebuild and some love but its always put a huge smile on my face so im looking forward to tinkering and running it again.

At the point where i was running it alot and swapping parts i really hankered after the Anza lcg kit but never went for it. I reckon for the money the traxxas chassis is a complete bargain. If it turns out to be a bad move i havent lost much in terms of investment and considering ive worked my way through and replaced every other part but the tub and servo i reckon keeping at least 1 part traxxas is ok...lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Did you go for the LCG chassis? I had one on my old 2WD Slash, it made so much difference and took a real beating along with the RPM parts it never broke after fixing the original shortcomings of the Slash.

20131117_012726.jpg

P1070544.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I did too ;)

IMG_0446_zpsedofstda.jpg

With the Spektrum AVC system tuned down a little its a real blast but very composed... totally different the bat s**t style it had before...lol

Edited by n_d_fox