• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bad service

onepastyman

So for xmas my other half bought me a decent sized helicopter as my mini one just gave up the ghost. She ordered it from hobby power on ebay. They also trade under howes models. Well i got it out of the box and followed the (mostly useless) instructions. I charged the battery in the chopper and also had some charged AA batteries for the tx. When it came to fly it i was a bit exited and also a bit nervous. Gave a bit of throttle and started trimming it. as the throttle went up i ran out of trim and the heli just sat on the floor spinning. Even at full beans. Took us ages to get hold of them and thier answer was that we crashed it. You cannot crash a heli that does not take flight. Basically told us we are liars and to open a dispute  with ebay. Just thought id share the superb customer services recieved by them. 

46 minutes ago, locky said:

Have you checked any tx settings? You dont give any info on what model.

All the trim were fully to the right yet it still spun left. And if it does not take flight on 3/4 let alone full throttle then it is a massive paper weight. Its a chinese model as thats what they mainly sell. Cannot blame the mrs. She is not into rc like us but still, when you buy something new you expect it to work. Now if they were a tad more apologetic and wanted to do something then fine. The fact that we were called liars and told to open a dispute really shows they value their customers.

This will probably come across the wrong way, but honestly, those cheap chinese ones aren't worth buying, especially the big ones, they advertise them as 'huge 3d models' etc... But really, they are fit for very low hovering... My Dads been a glutton for punishment and bought several on various shop recommendations and they've all been terrible.

You'd be far better spending your money on a Trex or a Blade even, something smaller, more reputable and a lot better at flying.

Again, don't mean to sound offensive there, we all learn by our mistakes.

Agree, just return it. Bought a couple of servos from Howes Models and what arrived wasn't what was described. Could have saved a few quid buying elsewhere.

Bought a small Blade a while ago and it was a big step,up,in flyability. Yes could have bought something much bigger and impressive looking for the price off eBay but would it work as well???

John

I understand the chinese ones are not great. As i said previously the mrs knowledge isnt great on anything rc. More to the point was the after service we received. It is a case of 'got your money now do one'. Case is now opened with paypal. With all this going on, the mrs let me get a ratrod shell and all paints and gubbins instead. Silver lining and all that.

• Like 1