• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fixing accessories onto polycarbonate

How are accessories (roll bars, wing mirrors, racks)  fixed on lexan/polycarbonate bodies? I'm looking at the Proline Hilux - but it's a generic question.

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/1985-toyota-hilux-sr5-clear-body-cab-bed/

I'm assuming it's drilled and screwed like an ABS body but isn't that a high load for the screw holes if that rolls. Does it tear?

This seems like such a stupid question that I can't find an answer anywhere.

Depends on the accessory ive found.
Often wing mirrors can be poked through a drilled hole and a body clip to secure them.
If you screw them on use something to spread the load like a washer.
Also you could use sticky pads. Stuff may fall off if you roll or crash hard but that creates a break point saving the body and hopefully the accessory

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Display Name said:

How are accessories (roll bars, wing mirrors, racks)  fixed on lexan/polycarbonate bodies? I'm looking at the Proline Hilux - but it's a generic question.

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/1985-toyota-hilux-sr5-clear-body-cab-bed/

I'm assuming it's drilled and screwed like an ABS body but isn't that a high load for the screw holes if that rolls. Does it tear?

This seems like such a stupid question that I can't find an answer anywhere.

I have the Proline Hilux SR5 body and all of my accessories thus far are bolted to the body.

This includes my roll bar,my wing mirrors and my jerry cans when they are delivered today.

I dont plan to drive my rig in a fashion that would destroy any of the fixtures so i am happy to bolt things on.

I will have some smaller accessories in due course that i will just attach with sticky pads if feasible.

Edited by stupar
  • Like 1