• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw Owners

1 hour ago, bigoggy said:

Got it.

Just need to wait a few weeks, before I can take it out.

IMG_20180619_140540474.jpg

I remember when mine was that clean :lol: what electrics are you going to run or are you leaving it stock ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

I remember when mine was that clean :lol: what electrics are you going to run or are you leaving it stock ?

While recovering from an operation, and then moving house, it'll stay as is, but will be going brushless in time.

Mine was slow enough for a bit of a fart around in the house when it was brushed. & we live in a 2up 2down. Lay out some obstacles , get someone to help. I was jumping mine into the sofa off a cardboard ramp ?

46 minutes ago, English outlaw said:

My outlaw suddenly become only 2 wheel drive this morning ?it become a weee bit twitchy ..spent more time repairing it then playing

Broken rear drive shaft?  Mine did that a couple of weeks ago ?.

10 minutes ago, NOFX said:

Broken rear drive shaft?  Mine did that a couple of weeks ago ?.

Dunno yet will have a look tonight....so far I've had esc replaced, broken n replaced the front suspension holder, broken and replaced one lower suspension arm, broken the front bumper clean off the chassis (will need a new chassis at some point) and now as it's only 2 wheel drive will have to investigate....I've only had it just over a month n it spent 2 weeks in the model shop waiting for the esc...either I'm the world's worst rc driver or outlaws are very fagile 

9 hours ago, English outlaw said:

Dunno yet will have a look tonight....so far I've had esc replaced, broken n replaced the front suspension holder, broken and replaced one lower suspension arm, broken the front bumper clean off the chassis (will need a new chassis at some point) and now as it's only 2 wheel drive will have to investigate....I've only had it just over a month n it spent 2 weeks in the model shop waiting for the esc...either I'm the world's worst rc driver or outlaws are very fagile 

In my view “fragile” is a very polite way of putting it.....

seriously though, put a hopped up one of these against a box stock yeti and it would still struggle.

but if that’s what floats ones boat who am I to judge???

1 hour ago, big gaz said:

In my view “fragile” is a very polite way of putting it.....

seriously though, put a hopped up one of these against a box stock yeti and it would still struggle.

but if that’s what floats ones boat who am I to judge???

But a yeti is in a different price bracket to an outlaw....

Anyways after some tinkering I seem to be missing a set screw...

20180624_234109.jpg

1 hour ago, big gaz said:

a hopped up one of these against a box stock yeti and it would still struggle.

3 minutes ago, English outlaw said:

But a yeti is in a different price bracket to an outlaw....

As I say, by the time you have spent load on alloy bits, a better brushless system etc. Your not that far off yeti money.

i have to say that the “ftx” brand has brought a lot of new folk into the world of crawling/scaling/rock racing, which isn’t a bad thing at all but.....

people need to look past the cheapness and look for overall quality. Harder now of course with rising prices and less free cash (maybe the ftx was aimed at this market?)

but cheap and “fragile” (I’ll be polite too) lmao isn’t the route I want to take personally.....

my trx4 did a whole weekend at the g6, 400 gates (50 pure mud) and it waltzed it through the lot, costing me approx £2 worth of gt85 and a couple of hours cleaning.

i have been their though, bought cheap, and had to replace again and again, it’s all part of the learning process though......

kinda makes me me wish I’d never sold my yeti ?

On 21/06/2018 at 14:04, DartmoorTrails said:

Got me a nice new Wolves sticker, think it looks pretty neat?2YZB4Xv.jpg

that has got to be the nicest job i've seen full stop for an outlaw!! cracking job on the panels

looking to do the same to mine eventually! :) 

• Like 1

that has got to be the nicest job i've seen full stop for an outlaw!! cracking job on the panels
looking to do the same to mine eventually! [emoji4] 
Cheers ph, appreciate that[emoji106]
Had a great run out on the weekend with it but with it being so sunny I need to consider more stickers to avoid blinding everyone!!
Good luck with yours [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

On 27 June 2018 at 11:32, DartmoorTrails said:

Cheers ph, appreciate thatemoji106.png
Had a great run out on the weekend with it but with it being so sunny I need to consider more stickers to avoid blinding everyone!!
Good luck with yours emoji6.png

At least the person that it's going to hit won't see it coming as they will be blinded first ? I've been thinking about getting some chrome car rap as it comes in different colours ? as you might be able to tell I'm already bored with what's on it now ?

Edited by RC4WD fan

1 hour ago, DartmoorTrails said:

I've got some carbon wrap for another project but thinking to use some for the side panels. At least if I don't like it I can then remove itemoji106.png
Does wrap leave a residue anyone know?

I'm not sure probably not if you heated it up as your taking it off ? could you not just sand the aluminium panels you have now so the not polished ? that's what I'd do if/when I do some ?

I'm not sure probably not if you heated it up as your taking it off [emoji848] could you not just sand the aluminium panels you have now so the not polished ? that's what I'd do if/when I do some [emoji106]
That's an option i haven't considered, thanks for that[emoji106]

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 00:07, big gaz said:

but cheap and “fragile” (I’ll be polite too) lmao isn’t the route I want to take personally.....

Some perspective...when it was at full price.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6985019

and it can go a "whopping 7.1mph"!

Edited by Nickarla