• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw Owners

I was half thinking about picking up a 1060 today, as the stock one annoys the f out of me with its auto tune at start up, seems to negate or mess up anything i set on the GT3C im using.

Also as a side line, ive stripped the original 2.4ghz gt2 down that i got with the outlaw and am attempting to convert one of the old sanwa saber dash's i still have. So far ive plugged the throttle in and its working. Just need to figure how im embeding the pcb in to the SD chassis.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

I didn't get on with the stock ESC either and ditching it for a 1060 made a world of difference, much more punch and the servo is noticeably perkier too :)

But it's just an interim measure til I get a brushless combo ordered up, happened to have the 1060 lying around anyway (as you do. well, they're cheap and keep coming in useful...!)

Either one would be OK. The carbon should be stiffer and stronger but bend it too much and it breaks whereas the aluminium can be straightened. 

John

So if there was £1.69 difference which would you opt for, i dont think the bending is an issue really unless your doing something really untoward with it

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

BTW the carbon chassis was fitted before the videos on the beach earlier in the thread.

During the making of them the chassis coped with a lot of scrapes and jumps and bumps, then a week later I broke some parts after not landing a full speed jump, this was how I previously broke the standard chassis but the carbon one was fine ;)