• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GT24 Owners

johninderby

If you take it to work you wont leave it alone, trust me! 

Instead of wondering if the vw body will fit, i just ordered one. With the pic i posted edited a little so that it was 'life-size', and the wheelbase of the chassis measuring correct for a mini t, i held the gt chassis up to the screen, and it looks like a damn good match for standard beetle wheelbase. if it doesnt fit i'll be very suprised, and as long as the width of the body is close, ill be happy.

Edited by A Return

10 minutes ago, A Return said:

If you take it to work you wont leave it alone, trust me! 

Instead of wondering if the vw body will fit, i just ordered one. With the pic i posted edited a little so that it was 'life-size', and the wheelbase of the chassis measuring correct for a mini t, i held the gt chassis up to the screen, and it looks like a damn good match for standard beetle wheelbase. if it doesnt fit i'll be very suprised, and as long as the width of the body is close, ill be happy.

So you went for the Kamtec one? I'll be eagerly awaiting pics!

yup, the kamtec one. Ive had kamtec bodies for bangers and stockcars before and they are all great mouldings so im really hoping this fits. What im expecting it to look like, acording to my measurements, is a little like this. Im not a beetle person at all, but i love the look of this black one.

black baja bug.jpg

• Like 2

Just to show a bit of my workings out i took a couple of pics. First one shows the image scaled up slightly so that the chassis measures the correct 5.6in. In the second one i held up the GT chassis to the picture. cant be wrong can it? Looking forward to finding out.

P1050379.JPG

P1050381.JPG

the 5.6in was reference to the losi mini t chassis wheelbase. The bodies are listed for the mini t and im sure the one in the picture is on a mini t chassis. Being an offroader with bigger wheels it would need an extended wheelbase, the 4.6in wheelbase of the gt24 should make it about right for a standard on-road look.

Repaired.

Grit in the pinion, no major damage, runs smoothly again. Popped some heatshrink over the damaged battery wire and fitted a new jst connector (cut the old one off to get at the pins).

Happy days :good:

1 hour ago, Noj said:

Repaired.

Grit in the pinion, no major damage, runs smoothly again. Popped some heatshrink over the damaged battery wire and fitted a new jst connector (cut the old one off to get at the pins).

Happy days :good:

Thought it would be something like thst. Methinks regular cleaning and maintenance will be essential with this little beast.

Quicrun finaly arrived this morning. ;)

John

Edited by johninderby

6 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Funnily enough I've had no post for a couple of days although have seen the posties out and about delivering mail. Waiting for a new RC to arrive will try the patience of anyone.  :crying:

John

Just checked my emails and found that it's being delivered by UPS 24hr service. It's been 48hrs and the tracking is still not showing as out for delivery. Move it UPS, I do not have the patience for this! :crying:

Glad im not the only one suffering with delays. Authough i ordered the vw body, it seems that alcohol impared my ability to pay for it somehow. Got an email last night asking if i still required it as they hadnt received payment. Damn right i still want it. Called them this morning and its all payed for. Very helpful team there. Just hope the postie gets his skates on because im itching to find out if it fits!

5 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Yes, sat at home unopened lol

Put away till Christmas?I am very tempted to order one.I had the position micro truggy and it was good fun(I still have it but can't find it lol)but this looks a steel compared to the position.Brushless and 2.4ghz.