• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GT24 Owners

johninderby

20 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

That clip is a pig to back on isn't it!  I'll be getting some tinker time in tonight, hopefully ready to test the new set up tomorrow :)

I tried to be clever and removed the bottom E clip - i slid it up the shaft and then down again when everything was in place. This has stretched the e-clip making it useless now. It just keeps popping out.

Does anyone know where i can get replacement E clips from?

Ringo

38 minutes ago, RingoNotts said:

Good news in that my odd noise was a tiny piece of sand stuck in the spur gear.
I had another go at the slipper today by taking shaft out completely. I got another shim in but it was very hard to do.
Anyway, now it doesn't slip but with 2S I'm not so sure how long it will last.....https://vimeo.com/198728124

Standing backflips that's impressive from a little rig like this, I like that a lot ;) 

Edited by mydoddy69

Today I finished installing the new electronics.
 The servo fits nicely and the ESC sits on top of the battery box held in place with some servo tape

IMG_20170110_140645_zpspis9dscn.jpg

I tried fitting the receiver inside with the rest of the running gear but I can see no way to make it fit

IMG_20170110_141300_zpstrnnylfq.jpg

It's fairly tidy where it sits now and would be ever tidier if I could be bothered to shorten the cables but unfortunately the shell doesn't sit quite right when it's all connected

IMG_20170110_141346_zps37hwcmez.jpg

performance wise it runs brilliantly once it gets going. I'm using a Radiolink RC4G and throttle control on 2s is hugely improved. However, it stutters from a standstill and reverse can be temperamental. I'm sure these things could be sorted with a programme card but there are non available in the UK.

For the time being I'll be going back to stock running gear, I tried and failed but I definitely think it has potential.

Had an awesome hour or so at the skatepark, the car didn't miss a beat. Shame the same can't be said for the driver! :D Turns out the wind has quite an affect on these little cars lol

IMG_20170111_113025_zpsu3y2qk1i.jpg

Edited by everclear1984

I kept spinning out on 2S due to the power and can't help thinking that better shocks would help - as would sway bars.

I noticed someone on youtube uses these : http://www.matsucarsrc.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=82 but its a bit of a shame to import just one set into the UK.

Does anyone fancy a group purchase? Or is there a more local source?

Today I broke a front suspension arm and with truggy spares being hard to get in the UK I decided to get busy and find a fix. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures as I went but you'll get the idea.

I broke the arm in exactly the same way as I broke the rear one, by snapping off one of the little tabs that go through the mounts on the diff case. The repair was simple and cost me nothing. First I found a small screw that exactly matched the diameter of the plastic tab, the one I used was a screw used to hold the bodyposts in place on my Firestorm. Next I cut off the threaded part which left me with a smooth shaft (insert joke here). I then drilled a tiny pilot hole in the arm where the tab had snapped off, followed by a larger hole slightly smaller than the replacement shaft I'd be using. I then pressed the shaft into the hole (ooh err), it was a very tight fit but I added a dab of Gorilla Glue to make sure it would stay put.

The finished product

IMG_20170113_225017_zpsogalurem.jpg

Mounted to the car (bottom left in this picture)

IMG_20170113_234359_zps4hrf8uco.jpg

Sorry about the essay but hopefully this will help somebody in the same situation :)

Edited by everclear1984

Be interesting to hear how it holds out. Both top and bottom have snapped on mine in the same place but the arm looks that thin that i doubt i will be able to drill a pilot hole.

I must get around to buying a pedestal drill sometime....

Well the repair held fine for just driving around, and for about 5 or 6 big jumps like the ones in the video :D Unfortunately after that the plastic split, not entirely unexpected but annoying nonetheless.

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 1

Does anyone elses car hesitate like this when accelerating then lifting and getting back on the power again? I've never noticed it before, but it could explain why my truggy tends to nose dive when jumping. I go to give it some throttle to bring the nose up and it wants to flip forward!

Edit: this is on 2S, I'll see whether it does it on 1s later.

Edited by everclear1984

34 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Does anyone elses car hesitate like this when accelerating then lifting and getting back on the power again? I've never noticed it before, but it could explain why my truggy tends to nose dive when jumping. I go to give it some throttle to bring the nose up and it wants to flip forward!

Edit: this is on 2S, I'll see whether it does it on 1s later.

Mine doesn't. It seems quite smooth provided you manage to back off in the millimeter of play you get from stopped to full throttle :) Even if i go from full stopped to on again it doesn't look like that.. (also tried only on 2S).

Ringo