• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GT24 Owners

johninderby

34 minutes ago, johninderby said:

The wires can be a bit awkward to squeeze in but what is the width of the new battery?  Just wondering how accurate the 20mm width given by the manufacturer is.

John

I was thinking tiny bullets might be better than the JST connector, that way you could position the +/1 wire separately. I worry about the heatshrink shifting though and the wires touching.

Just heard from Modelsport and it was a faulty esc causing the cogging. It's getting replaced under warranty with the advice of "try not to get it wet" :smilies_eusasmiles2:

Fair play to MS for top customer service. Can't wait to get the little beast back :)

• Like 1

I can't wait to get tinkering and fit this new esc, I'm hoping it runs well with it's default settings as the programme card isn't available from the UK warehouse. I'll have a play with the settings on my tx to see if I can soften the first x% of throttle travel and maybe even make use of the rx's built in gyro ;)

I think that is great service. 

It will be good to hear about the ESC. 

I was just messing with a 2S in and there doesnt seem to be much travel in the throttle. Its kind of a binary switch between off and full power - with a slight bit of in between. Does anyone else have this "feature"?

Seconded, hated the feel at first, now feels natural and the car is very controllable.

Good news on the warranty replacement, and for answering the 'how wp is it?' question....:lol:

• Like 1

This 2S is making the clutch slip and i would like to tighten it a bit. I read earlier in this thread that you can add another washer to increase the force on the slipper.

Is it just a matter of removing the c clip and rear access to get access to the slipper? 

Thanks, Ringo

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

Finally got round to cutting and fitting the chassis top, No room to fit the wires under the top though but neat enough with a wire tie to hold the wires down. Cut the end wall out of the battery box which gives a little bit more room for the wires.  :thumbsup:

John

That look very smart! Good job. I may have to do the battery tray mod myself. Did you move the capacitor?

I added another very thin shim but it has not fixed the issue. Maybe its not the slipper and is the pinion... I'll see if it gets any worse...

Ringo

9 hours ago, RingoNotts said:

I added another very thin shim but it has not fixed the issue. Maybe its not the slipper and is the pinion... I'll see if it gets any worse...

Ringo

Try a thicker shim. I found it really difficult to compress the sprint and get the e-clip on with the extra spacer.

1 hour ago, everclear1984 said:

Try a thicker shim. I found it really difficult to compress the sprint and get the e-clip on with the extra spacer.

Tell me about it - i'm not sure i can fit a thicker one it as it was tight enough. Especially when the C clip when pinging across the room. I was surprised i found it again!

Also, i'm not sure where to get another washer/shim of that size...

Ringo

I've found some shock travel adjusters in my spares box and used one of those. I lost that E clip and spring countless trying to get it back together! I ended up compressing it with a 5mm socket and sliding the e clip I'm. 

Short vid of the GT24R running on 3s in the car park. Tarmac is a bit rough for such a small car but it still ran OK. Set the Quicrun ESC to it's softest punch setting as I wanted to be as gentle as possible on the drivetrain.  Worked well as the slipper didn't squeal at all. Also set the brakes and reverse to 25%.

John

• Like 2

On 06/01/2017 at 14:50, everclear1984 said:

Just heard from Modelsport and it was a faulty esc causing the cogging. It's getting replaced under warranty with the advice of "try not to get it wet" :smilies_eusasmiles2:

Fair play to MS for top customer service. Can't wait to get the little beast back :)

I'm afraid after today i may have the same issue. It runs but sounds terrible. I'm not sure what "cogging" is lol.. Mine sounds like something is catching in the gears. I'll take it to bits and see...

Ringo

• Like 1

Good news in that my odd noise was a tiny piece of sand stuck in the spur gear.
I had another go at the slipper today by taking shaft out completely. I got another shim in but it was very hard to do.
Anyway, now it doesn't slip but with 2S I'm not so sure how long it will last.....https://vimeo.com/198728124

Edited by RingoNotts