• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GT24 Owners

johninderby

Yes the stock rally body still fits and the bit of extra weight higher up hasn't affected handling at all.  :thumbsup:

Will look a bit tidier when the upper chassis cover is cut and fitted. Push on pinion gears are usually OK at this size but should be tight enough to have to be tapped into place. The motor shaft is splined so if the pinion fits tightly shouldn't be a problem.

Looks stock from the outside. Only the end of the aerial poking out the back gives it away. ;)

John

GT24R-Quicrun-3.jpg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 2

Got a text to say they'll be here tomorrow. I just spoke to Modelsport to see whether changing the esc would void my warranty if it turns out to be the motor, the bloke I spoke to was really helpful and said to just change it back to it's original running gear and send it off to them if the problem persists. Win, win :)

Damn, just realised I'd have to change the connectors on the motor to try the new esc, maybe I should just send it off after all. I'd still keep the esc and servo to fit when it comes back but it means I've just disassembled it for nothing! Lol

Thanks - i was afraid that might be the answer!

So its the graphene 1S https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphene-600mah-1s-w-jst-syp.html here which is my only option for more batteries - i'll get a couple of those for now...

For 2S i guess I'll have to wait - the Modelsport ones are out of stock too.

Ringo

Yes those are the right graphene batteries. Make a real difference over the stock batteries.

Just been looking on eBay and this should fit. Don't know how good they are but perhaps worth trying one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FMS-Spare-Battery-7-4V-350mAh-2s-for-FMS-800-Glider-/272470617023?hash=item3f7083abbf:g:

Size 40mm x 20mm x 13mm from manufacturers website. The Zippy batteries are 40mm x 20mm x 15 mm.

John

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Yes those are the right graphene batteries. Make a real difference over the stock batteries.

Just been looking on eBay and this should fit. Don't know how good they are but perhaps worth trying one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FMS-Spare-Battery-7-4V-350mAh-2s-for-FMS-800-Glider-/272470617023?hash=item3f7083abbf:g:

Size 40mm x 20mm x 13mm from manufacturers website. The Zippy batteries are 40mm x 20mm x 15 mm.

John

Thanks John - i ordered two of those and will see what they are like :)

Hi All,

On a separate thread I've asked about suitable slow micro RCs for my son. Can anyone confirm what the GT24 is like at low speeds? Can the throttle be limited enough via end point adjustment and/or physical trigger limiter to make it docile for a 3 year old (he's pretty good with my RCs already).

Thanks

Tim

My 3yr old loves driving the GT24 and on 1s it's robust enough to survive most collisions. I used to restrict the Firestorm for him by sticking a bit of balled up paper behind the trigger, I don't see why you couldn't do the same with the Carisma :)

Edited by everclear1984