• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GT24i20 or GT24R ???

johninderby

Have been thinking about getting one of the rally versions but which one? Already have the MT version which is great in the back garden but thinking of the rally version for indoor use. The i20 looks like a proper rally car and has proper wheels whereas the other two are more rallycross.

So which would you choose?

John

ca59068ks.jpg

20151208183452_11125.jpg

20151202101525_10741.jpg

Dark grey seems to be replacing black now on 1:1s but still mostly black in the RC world. Now if they did a Ford WRC version the choice would be easy. :D

Looking more and more like get the red rallycross and order the black wheels when available. :rolleyes:

John

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

Just watched some footage of these wee beasties, impressive turn of speed and seem to handle rather well.

If the Xmas gift of monies is forthcoming this year, I may just get one..... don't need ones but when did that ever really factor in RC purchasing.....

Other than wheels, any planned mods John? 

For inside use not any real mods need doing. They offer a 12,000 kv motor upgrade over the stock 8,000kv. Stock it's 1s but upgrade the motor and run 2s.. :insane: Would be fun though in a nice empty warehouse.  B)

Definately don't need one but when did that ever stop me.  :P

John

Ordered one of the rally cross.  :36_11_12[1]:

It may be red or blue but was on offer from Timetunnel Models ebay shop at £59.16 and free postage so at that price was willing to take either. They've still got two left at that price. Regular price on their proper website though. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carisma-57968-GT24R-4WD-Micro-Rally-BRUSHLESS-Fast-RC-Car-1-24-ALL-INCLUDED-/182139595655?hash=item2a685dab87:g:gsEAAOSw71BXPvEt

• Like 1

I was looking at the GT24R today in my local shop, I nearly bought it but wanted to have a look at some reviews and videos. it looks really quick on 2s :)

Edited by Voicon

37 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Ordered one of the rally cross.  :36_11_12[1]:

It may be red or blue but was on offer from Timetunnel Models ebay shop at £59.16 and free postage so at that price was willing to take either. They've still got two left at that price. Regular price on their proper website though. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carisma-57968-GT24R-4WD-Micro-Rally-BRUSHLESS-Fast-RC-Car-1-24-ALL-INCLUDED-/182139595655?hash=item2a685dab87:g:gsEAAOSw71BXPvEt

Thanks for that! Id made my mind up to get the i20, but in time ill probably swap body and wheels for something else anyways, but at that price im willing to enter the red/blue lottery so ive just ordered one, just now.:D

Wonder which one ill get. Not knowing feels a bit christmasy if im honest.

Edited by A Return

Hope it's red but won't mind if it's blue. Was going back and forth but saving 21 quid over the i20 price made up my mind.  :D

Keeping things in the Xmas spirit does that mean I shouldn't open the shipping box until Xmas morning to find out if it's red or blue?  Nah.........never going to happen. The box will be opened as soon as it arrives.  :mf_laughbounce:

John

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

I predict The last one will be gone in a few hours at most. If someone was buying it for me I'd ask them to wrap it up and don't tell which. 

Actually I paid a few quid more for 24hr delivery as I'm going to be out a lot later in the week so will get it Tuesday when I'll be in all day (the gas man cometh).Just got email saying it's been dispatched but reading the fine print actually means it's being packed up ready for shipping on Monday. Still good going for a Saturday evening though.

John

Edited by johninderby

26 minutes ago, Noj said:

Gone. 

With luck, it'll land whilst I'm laid up next week ;)

Full on amazing.

mine is due to arrive between thursday and monday, My last day of work before the christmas break is next friday, which is nice.

And I must stop looking at the MT.....:@.@:

I know i do, think ill need to wait for another excuse to get one, even i can see ive got too many RC's now. Aparently this one doesnt count as its for the cat. Well see about that.

Anyhow, i want to make it look like this

Ecx roost.JPG

Edited by A Return

I've used my GT24B quite a bit and its far more versatile than its tiny size suggests. Mines been to the local skate park a few times and even race on a couple of 1/10th astroturf tracks. But one area continues to niggle me and that is the tyres. They are really soft - and need to be if you put a 2S lipo in as with mine, but as a result wear out really quickly. Its not just the very limited tread pattern disappears fast, the tyres themselves are shot in no time. I'm used to super soft tyres from racing, but this is a pure basher so the brief tyre life makes no sense. Yes new ones are cheap, but that doesn't make it less frustrating.....

12 hours ago, Si Coe said:

I've used my GT24B quite a bit and its far more versatile than its tiny size suggests. Mines been to the local skate park a few times and even race on a couple of 1/10th astroturf tracks. But one area continues to niggle me and that is the tyres. They are really soft - and need to be if you put a 2S lipo in as with mine, but as a result wear out really quickly. Its not just the very limited tread pattern disappears fast, the tyres themselves are shot in no time. I'm used to super soft tyres from racing, but this is a pure basher so the brief tyre life makes no sense. Yes new ones are cheap, but that doesn't make it less frustrating.....

Do you reckon you could make up a set of foams out of say a GT12 set, cut them up and glue them round? They would be no use for outside on gravel or mud but would be ok indoors on a few surfaces?