• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

mydoddy's Arrma Outcast exsperence

mydoddy69

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

I was going to get a new shell but couldn't see a listing in the UK so asked Modelsport this was there reply, now I wonder when this happens if will see change in prices and a better parts supply in general for Arrma ? 

Our current Arrma supply does not yet list this body, and unfortunately the distribution agent for Arrma is about to change, as of yet the new agent has not been announced. This would mean that we probably will not have these bodies available for a number of weeks, sorry. 

For gawd sake.

This has got the HPI fiasco written all over it :doh:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

For gawd sake.

This has got the HPI fiasco written all over it :doh:

I really hope your wrong ! 

Maybe though things are set to change for the better and it's not all doom and gloom ! 

1 hour ago, Skinso said:

I try to buy as little as possible from modelsport as prices are a joke. Would the mt410 shell fit the outcast? Be greedy and keep them both

The mt410 has no shell its a kit you get the bare bones that's it !

There is a Proline shell that fits the outcast but sadly it's nowhere to be found here in the UK good old phils has them though last I checked ;) 

15 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

The mt410 has no shell its a kit you get the bare bones that's it !

There is a Proline shell that fits the outcast but sadly it's nowhere to be found here in the UK good old phils has them though last I checked ;) 

Phil's is great with super prices for parts and delivery. What's the ESC connectors on the outcast? I'll have to make something up as all my batteries are ec5's

33 minutes ago, Skinso said:

Phil's is great with super prices for parts and delivery. What's the ESC connectors on the outcast? I'll have to make something up as all my batteries are ec5's

Xt 90 I removed them though and used bullets same as all my other trucks 

On 12/31/2016 at 09:45, mydoddy69 said:

Cool :) 

I kept throwing wings off with plastic washers on my other 1/8. I use alloy now:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Team-C-T8T-T8TE-T8-Stoke-Torch-Alloy-Wing-Washers-TU0877-fits-HPI-VORZA-TROPHY-/162115620814?hash=item25bed80fce:g:GtYAAOSwOVpXbVGg

Can smash the thing around and no more wings flying off :D

4 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

Heya Rich. Beings you love the Arrma so much, d'you fancy selling your Hyper MTe ;):cheers::please::yes:

This Arrma the MTe and my old MT4 along with my losi ten MT will all be up for grabs in the near future ;)

Got to make room for some new toys coming in 2017 :lol:

Just went to change over those springs to find the front shock shafts bent :@.@: i thought i had bent them a while back but just forgot about it, oh well i ordered up some replacements but no UK stock anywhere sucks !! In the meantime i,ve removed the Arrma shocks and mounted up some Hyper shocks to keep me back out bashing.. There a much better shock as the shafts are 4.0mm instead of the 3.5mm arrma give you.. I shall not be replacing the the shafts with the soft arrma ones instead ill use the rear MT4 shafts which are super strong and almost a direct fit up front :) 

A0BC1DBC-C4D4-4909-AE02-C091D20DA41F_zps

when the MT4 shafts come in all post up some pics 

So I sent Arrma a quick email about my bent shafts not for a warranty claim but to let them know of a possible weak spot there reply was brilliant 

Apologised and will be sending out not one but 2 sets as a goodwill gesture and there be looking at it further 

Heres my shafts 

332098E8-7300-44C6-94DD-2D8C447B8675_zps

2 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

So I sent Arrma a quick email about my bent shafts not for a warranty claim but to let them know of a possible weak spot there reply was brilliant 

Apologised and will be sending out not one but 2 sets as a goodwill gesture and there be looking at it further 

Heres my shafts 

332098E8-7300-44C6-94DD-2D8C447B8675_zps

Looks like the HPI Trophy ones normally do :lol:

• 11 months later...
On 1/4/2017 at 19:44, mydoddy69 said:

Heres my shafts 

Oh. By the by. They listened unlike some do :thumbsup:

The 2018 spec has been upgraded with 4mm shock shafts :)

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/arrma-outcast-6s-4wd-blx-brushless-rtr-2018-spec-silver/rc-car-products/425852

Edited by dazp1976

From what I read the main things are the shocks have been upgraded to 4mm shafts, stronger steering servo mount, bigger receiver box and chassis braces have been upgraded along with the bulkheads

Edited by stonedef
  • Thanks 1