• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho arc build, help / advice / input wanted !!

Fly In My Soup

All part of the joys of rc I spoke, take it in a stride!

I'll get her going fast, wether that's under her own steam, or by my hands after I launch it from a cliffe remains to be seen :lol:

Ha ha ha ha[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitted new cheapie 2.4ghz rc gear.

Also swapped out the old hi tec 705bb t/b servo for a 20kg steering servo, originally from a Rovan baja.

Then reconfigured the cable set up slightly, made a new servo drag arm for brake cable.

She now locks up on the back when braking, how this affects disc wear will remain to be seen

IMG_20161129_210521_zpsvnxcbqyy.jpg?1480

IMG_20161129_210521_1_zpspwti0pql.jpg

Edited by Fly In My Soup
  • Like 1

Very short vid of the arc having a play in some dirt. In this vid I've tuned out most the bog, some way still to go with tuning but for now she runs !

Just getting used to throttle response, checking cable adjustments I made after swapping out servos, making drag links up for steering, adding different radio gear.

Had to cut vid short, due to farmer turning up with his horse, wanting to put it in the field I was parked in front of.

Should have much better vids tomorrow!!!

Never got chance to get her past half throttle to be fair in this vid,    

• Like 1

After a calamitous bash time today with Scott I realised some issues with the arc, namely too much travel in the back shocks when on rough ground, so added some smaller 6mm shocks to the rear aswell, to limit travel and give more ground clearance.

Also re built some of the roll bar

IMG_20161202_000253_zpsk1vgucea.jpg?w=48

IMG_20161202_000721_zpslm1yp9ep.jpg?w=48

Also in the process of sorting wheel hexes, which now have a double bolt system to stop them coming loose

Edited by Fly In My Soup

:P

3 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Is there no way of having the exhaust 'stinger' facing downwards?

Long-term I can see that giving some build-up problems.

Al.

I did think as much myself atom, but after a few tanks I've removed the samba pipe and left it to drain, but to my surprise there was nothing to drain.

Did think it might be going back into c.chamber, and being burnt off, but I doubt it, as the exhaust gas will prevent that?????

34 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I always get some 'sputter residue' even when fine tuned, so you're either going full bore, its possibly a bit lean, or you're simply just lucky!!

Al.

Yes to all three probably

She's set at 1 1/2 turns out now on the h needle, compared to last week at 1 1/4 so she should be ok.

Quick question to you, how do mopeds overcome this issue with exhaust residue build up? As their exhausts are mounted in almost a similar fashion to mine, but are turned up at a 45° angle

Do they have some sort of drain tap, as in a auto bleed valve, not literally a hand turn tap?????

Edited by Fly In My Soup

Could be why they go putt, putt, BANG!!

Joking.

Generally a relatively lower state of tune I think, but engines may be designed slightly differently to take more stick for less power / unit volume.

Al.

6 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Could be why they go putt, putt, BANG!!

Joking.

Generally a relatively lower state of tune I think, but engines may be designed slightly differently to take more stick for less power / unit volume.

Al.

Afer some quick googling, ive found out that two stroke bikes get their exhausts decarbonised once or twice in a lifetime, or at least it's good practice to, apparently it's quite common.

A process of removing solid carbon build up in inverted / angleounted exhaust by either burning it out or flushing it with oven cleaner.

Shouldn't be an issue for me to be honest

After a calamitous bash time today with Scott I realised some issues with the arc, namely too much travel in the back shocks when on rough ground, so added some smaller 6mm shocks to the rear aswell, to limit travel and give more ground clearance.

Also re built some of the roll bar

IMG_20161202_000253_zpsk1vgucea.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip
IMG_20161202_000721_zpslm1yp9ep.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Also in the process of sorting wheel hexes, which now have a double bolt system to stop them coming loose

Not a good day was it pal[emoji23]. Just waiting on some threadlock. Should have it sorted in the week

14 minutes ago, Scotty napalm said:

Not a good day was it palemoji23.png. Just waiting on some threadlock. Should have it sorted in the week

It was a short day!

Fingers crossed for next time, can't wait to get a decent Long vid worth putting up!

I've got some t.lock if you dont manage to sort any.

Did you sort your pin issue?

We'll have to meet near sandy bay in next few weeks, I've found a great spot near ottery St.mary, I'm gonna go check out for the new year, its about a hectare square perfectly flat field, short grass

It was a short day!

Fingers crossed for next time, can't wait to get a decent Long vid worth putting up!

I've got some t.lock if you dont manage to sort any.

Did you sort your pin issue?

We'll have to meet near sandy bay in next few weeks, I've found a great spot near ottery St.mary, I'm gonna go check out for the new year, its about a hectare square perfectly flat field, short grass

I normally go to obese park or a field not far from mine with a big jump[emoji1303] ordered some but thanks mate

• Like 1

Just now, atom3624 said:

How about replacing the O-rings and filling with thicker oil?

Al.

They've got 1000wt in at the moment so I'm not sure thicker oil would help??????

I think I'll order some new 8mm shocks and springs, then throw out the bar after that.

The ones in the pics now are the old dog ones, which replaces the original arc springs and shocks, which by now must be nearly as old as me !

What oil do you use??