• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya WT-01 Build

BlackHole

20 hours ago, jea said:

you can still get the hk gt2r from the uk  thy work with the turnigy gtx3 so should work with the flysky gt3b/c  http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__29040__HobbyKing_GT_2_2_4Ghz_Receiver_3Ch_UK_Warehouse_.html

Could not find 'em for love nor money!!! :doh:

I blame the internet, stupid thing that it is, making me order from abroad.....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BlackHole said:

will a 3 cell be over powered? 

Imho, yes. Plus, being a Tamiya, I don't believe a normal 3s pack would fit into the battery area....a compact lipo might, not much to be gained by 3s in my experience....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, johninderby said:

wow.. i typed it in google but didn't show in modelsport :o:o:o  thank you :D

Edited by BlackHole

If the stock servo saver isnt strong enough or creates too much slop then the Kimbrough 124 servo saver can be used.

If you want to adjust steering arm length then turnbuckles from a Firestorm can be used with appropriate ball ends.

2 hours ago, locky said:

If the stock servo saver isnt strong enough or creates too much slop then the Kimbrough 124 servo saver can be used.

If you want to adjust steering arm length then turnbuckles from a Firestorm can be used with appropriate ball ends.

edit: how do I use the servo saver?  Connect it to the servo and attach turning rods to it?

is this that you talking about? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?I=LXS361

Edited by BlackHole

A good radio is an investment in the hobby as you can use it with multiple vehicles.

You have a hobby-grade radio set already though don't you? Have you considered just getting another receiver for it? Ought to be cheaper than a whole new setup.

Core RC LiPos are popular with Tamiya fans as they fit with no mods required. Many rounded LiPo packs from other manufacturers are the right width and height but are a little on the long side for many Tamiyas. It is quite easy to add spacers to the battery "wings" on the WT-01 to accommodate slightly over-long packs, but easier still to just get one that fits to begin with, especially if you might be adding more Tamiyas to your fleet in the future.

Good call on the Quikrun ESC - many people use them and I haven't read any complaints.