• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya TT02 or vaterra brushless!!

Skitz47

I have landed myself a new vaterra ss69 brushless car and a used tamiya TT02, im newish to electric cars and i can only keep one. Does anybody have any advice on which one i should keep.

Cheers

Vaterra V100 all the way, basically a Tamiya on steroids, ive got the TT02-B and the V100, the V100 is far more durable with its design and rugged build quality as its based on the Hälix monster truck platform (metal diffs go straight in to the V100)

Oh nice cheers mate, i bought the vaterra 1st and really love it but was a bit disapointed with upgrade availibilty,  i do like buying fancy parts lol. Im glad you said the vaterra.

As a counter argument though, the TT-02 is far more widely supported by the aftermarket parts industry, so if you want upgradability, it will give you far more options.

And the metal diffs from the DF-02 go straight into the TT-02. :)

i use asiatees for upgrade parts for my vaterra, they have loads of parts at reasonable prices 

i have the alloy steering assembly on mine, different shocks, alloy centre shaft and alloy hubs. i havent done anything else because i prefer plastic parts for the flex. 

http://www.asiatees.com/model?Vaterra-2012-NISSAN-GTR-Upgrades-Parts-Hop-Ups&brand=Vaterra&model=2012 NISSAN GTR&c=search_enter

heres a link to the parts asiatees  sell for the model :)

its a V100 chassis, only difference is the front air dam on the C that comes with the GTR lemans style. My chassis has only had a gearbox half replaced in 2+ years of owning it. Only upgrades ive done are the ally centre shaft, ally prop cups, camber adjustment kit and the diffs from a Hälix monster truck. Still the original CVD's from stock, its had 4s with 7900kv run through it and its still spot on. Also had the 7900kv with a 120a turbo esc in there pushing 75000+ RPM and the drivetrain is still pukka. It don't need a lot to make it last forever.