• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Emax nighthawk pro 280 set up advice

vwsplitty

Hi

As the Title says really. I have just bought one for my dad off of that well known auction site. It has been used 5 times and so has run but I am a competed newbie for these drones and want to get the best out of it and set up ready.

1.I have had a bit of a read up and it seems people either use baseflight or clean flight to set up. Is one better that the other ?

2. What are the best size battery's to use with your it. Smaller lighter 3s 1300mah or larger heavier 2200mah?

3. I purchased the flysky ia6b rx and flysky i6 tx does any have a set up guide to putting this in and wiring it up

Any oth r advice?

Cheers in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/10/2016 at 06:53, vwsplitty said:

Hi

As the Title says really. I have just bought one for my dad off of that well known auction site. It has been used 5 times and so has run but I am a competed newbie for these drones and want to get the best out of it and set up ready.

1.I have had a bit of a read up and it seems people either use baseflight or clean flight to set up. Is one better that the other ?

2. What are the best size battery's to use with your it. Smaller lighter 3s 1300mah or larger heavier 2200mah?

3. I purchased the flysky ia6b rx and flysky i6 tx does any have a set up guide to putting this in and wiring it up

Any oth r advice?

Cheers in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.I use baseflight for my NightHawk but most people use Cleanflight

• Better coding practices and introducing tests, easier to maintain and for future development. (Dominic has software development background)
  • Many bugs fixed from Baseflight.
  • Supports more flight controllers, including CC3D, CJMCU and Sparky.
  • Supports OneShot ESC and more than 8 RC channels.
  • Additional PID controllers that uses floating point arithmetic operations. (now has 3 built-in PID Controllers)
  • Many more features such as RGB LED strip support, Autotune, In-flight PID tuning with your radio, blackbox flight data logging etc

have a read of this: https://oscarliang.com/baseflight-cleanflight-comparison/

2.Battery size depends on what kind of flying you will be doing, e.g. 3s 1300Mah for agile flying like flips and racing or heavier 2200Mah for crusing at a medium speed will give you extra flight time. The heavier battery will make maneuverability slightly sluggish though. I use 2200Mah and about 50-70c rating

Other Advice: fit a 5v buzzer to your quad which you can program to turn on if you loose signal or go off at the flick of switch on your TX