• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

flywheel stuck

baja5bmad

Id say its just a new and tight engine, some engines are tighter than others.

My novarossi turned over easily new.
Orion on the other hand, i had to make sure the flywheel had as much travel as possible hitting tdc or my starter box wasn't able to turn it over.

I know i have been ruled out earlier but an engine that tight with a 12v battery will take a lot of trying to turn it over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

i put good bit of oil down plug hole today about 60ml. and kept on spinning it with starter box

got the hair dryer out heated it up bit. i will have to try it again tomorrow with more heat. if that

does not work i will put up video. :crying:

2 hours ago, baja5bmad said:

i put good bit of oil down plug hole today about 60ml. and kept on spinning it with starter box

got the hair dryer out heated it up bit. i will have to try it again tomorrow with more heat. if that

does not work i will put up video. :crying:

When you are ready to have another go flush the oil out with some fuel as oil will increase the compression, put a drop of fuel down the plug hole turn it upside down to drain it out put plug in just a couple of threads and see if it will turn over.

I have been doing some research on this engine most report having problems getting it to break in very tight. don`t give up hope yet once you can get ti going you will have a very good engine. Remember to flush oil out before trying again.

Edited by Ian w