• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1/5th savage brushless conversion

Wirralnitronoob

3 hours ago, Wirralnitronoob said:

aefac9960854f080c34a5c820bd88bae.jpg i will have the electrics in by the end of the day and can give it a test out,i acctually weighed both this and the savvy flux,both weigh roughly the same too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There looks to be a support on the TVPS that will block you from moving the motor far enough over to get a proper mesh, you can either dremel this out or gear very low so you have a small pinion, which may be a good start. Sure I started around a 15t pinion on mine due to the weight,

I looked into this set up, but you are at such an advantage to me. The plastics, wheels/tyres and the shell is whats expensive, although I think I overlooked it cause the models I looked at had alot more nerf bars and bracing? I think I over complicated it by trying to conver to a True 5SC Flux as opposed to this simpler 5T/

How are you going to mount the battery trays?

Edited by Guns
  • Like 1

just going to either strap them to the frame or i may drill mount holes for the trays,as for the the motor mount ive got to swap the bottom plate off my flux as this one like u say sits too far in for a good mesh,the flux one is slightly wider meaning the motor will sit mor to the side of the car,this will take a minor adjustment to the chassis si i will dremmel that at some point tomoz and hopfully get it in,but so far so good its been suprisingly easy so far so im expecting something somewhere to complicate it its been far too simple up to now ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wirralnitronoob said:

just going to either strap them to the frame or i may drill mount holes for the trays,as for the the motor mount ive got to swap the bottom plate off my flux as this one like u say sits too far in for a good mesh,the flux one is slightly wider meaning the motor will sit mor to the side of the car,this will take a minor adjustment to the chassis si i will dremmel that at some point tomoz and hopfully get it in,but so far so good its been suprisingly easy so far so im expecting something somewhere to complicate it its been far too simple up to now ;)

Don't the Flux battery boxes just bolt straight on using there fittings?

HPI shows it uses the same parts rtr.

• Like 1

On 30/09/2016 at 16:22, Wirralnitronoob said:

ahh if 150amp is decent enough for this then i already have one on its way(supposedly from rcecho) we will see if it comes or not

as for the gearbox,,

i do have a savage flux i could rob the gearbox out of,if i was to do that i would prob take the batt trays off that too,and maybe even see if the stock motor mount will fit,as stated above its the same chassis just extented i will have a nosey when i get home from workies

22 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

Don't the Flux battery boxes just bolt straight on using there fittings?

HPI shows it uses the same parts rtr.

The nitro TVPs wont have Flux battery mount holes I wouldnt have thought? Why would it?

2 hours ago, Wirralnitronoob said:

i have kept all the nitro gear aswell so if i feel like i can always put that back in but as for the trays there is no mounts on the chassis like the flux

I didnt think there would be

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wirralnitronoob said:

i have kept all the nitro gear aswell so if i feel like i can always put that back in but as for the trays there is no mounts on the chassis like the flux

here ya go..8s max...35volts...:yes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122092299176?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I`d try n Velcro the trays on possibly....or counter sunk bolts through trays  in to the chassis.....if it allows....

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

too late to store it ive got it running,

only put the 120amp esc and 2250kv motor in it just to see how it goes(i will be getting a new combo for this)

i weighed the savvy flux on fishing scales and this is showing the exact same weight loaded with the electrics,,

i ran it in the street just on 3s and it runs pretty well even on 3s for the size,,ill try get a little running vid up later but for now heres the pics

18 hours ago, Guns said:

The nitro TVPs wont have Flux battery mount holes I wouldnt have thought? Why would it?

My bad. HPI site didn't show a separate nitro super 5 only the flux when I looked :rolleyes:

A few kits missing on there atm :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Guns said:

Youll want a much lower KV than that mate. Id look around 1700kv on 6s. That 2650kv wont run well at all. Its meant for a buggy on 4s

I'm using a 1700kv skyrc 4274 can with a 150a esc in the Truggy on 6s and goes well (car weight 5kg loaded) gives me a sensible loaded rpm around 39,000. I run them sensored so if it heats up too much it shuts down. I still think I have a bit too much torque tho lifting front wheels so I may drop down to this size:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKYRC-TORO-1-8-RC-Model-ARES-X8S-1650-KV-4-Poles-Sensored-Brushless-Motor-IM877-/252053379545?hash=item3aaf8d59d9:g:iZMAAOSwDNdVyaxm

I have got the skyrc 1700 and leopard 4082 1600kv motors. I notice a big difference in torque but in terms of heat, gearing, speed, they more or less perform the same.

4082 Leopard always lifts the front which can get annoying.

4074 still lifts but it does go back down.

Hoping a 4068 is a bit more planted.

You'll melt a 2650kv on 6s unless you're having a rethink on voltage.

5 minutes ago, Wirralnitronoob said:

heres a little running vid on 3s with 120amp photon esc and hobbywing 2200kv sensor motor

runs pretty good to me i think so far

i want to get the 150 amp esc and a bigger can before i put much more power thru it,so far so sweet

hope you all enjoy

no video?

• Like 1

yep i agree,,150 esc and a big can will do the job, if she runs good on 6s i may try 8s at a later date but obv upgrade the esc again to take the extra power ;) made up with the way it runs and handles so far,

may take it out with the other 1/5ths see how i get on with those ;)

• Like 1

ill take your word for it guns,i have a 150a on the way that will be going straight in, im gonna get a motor for it too,i have a turnigy 1900kv one but its too short for my mount by about 3mm :/

ill try make it fit but would like a brand new esc and motor for this really,,

i really need to buy the parts back for my savvy flux now too as i feel abit lost with that in parts lol