• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nissan Elgrand E51 MPV

NuttyProfessor

Just thought id show off my mums new motor. being disabled, she wanted a motor she could put her mobility scooter in but different from the standard disability vehicles, just so happens that this vehicle is basically a Nissan 350Z with an MPV body on it. 3.5 V6 petrol with a detuned Z engine but still 240bhp as standard.

WP_20160908_15_01_38_Rich_zpsbdiwxdru.jp

WP_20160908_15_02_27_Rich_zpsjdguksw0.jp

WP_20160908_15_02_50_Rich_zpsn6p1ited.jp

WP_20160911_21_16_57_Rich_zpsvt98aokx.jp

WP_20160911_21_17_19_Rich_zpswbyeywot.jp

I'm proud of mum for buying this, it ain't for the faint hearted this thing. Just a shame we didn't spot the dodgy brakes over a certain speed, corroded discs so its booked in to get all new discs and pads plus the track rod ends. Its also a 5 speed auto with tiptronic and 4x4.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Noj said:

Nissan never cease to surprise me with their engine choices for vehicles! 240bhp People Carrier. Awesome! :lol:

People? You could get your whole fleet in that! And put the Beemer on the roof!

the AuTech Nismo version is 300 bhp and this one has the Nismo kit and exhaust........once the problems are sorted, its needs a dyno run as I'm reckoning its the 300bhp version. Had a go with a 320i BMW down the A1 yesterday, he was infront doing around 100, he moved over, double kickdown and just left him behind as he tried to keep up. Supposed to have a 180 kph limiter but it sailed past that...........bearing in mind that it weighs 2.2 tons.

Edited by NuttyProfessor
  • Like 1

but I will check just to make sure. Got a few bits to do on it like a loose front bumper etc and figuring out what all the buttons do. Even has 2 remotes in the back for the passengers to control the climate control on one and the multimedia on the other. Even got a powered sliding door so you push a button and it opens. All 360 degrees captain's chairs too.

54 years old, retired from work when she was 38 and has literally been to hell and back. To buy this thing is just an inspiration to herself to keep going. Ex 7.5t and van driver. Where I got my love of driving from. She's bought it for a drive to Italy next year, 5 people, 3 year old nephew and mums mobility scooter. Giving her the time to get it running sweet over the next 10 months. LPG is on the cards too.

Edited by NuttyProfessor

Update

at the cost of £512, new discs and pads all round plus new tie rods, its fighting fit. So much better to drive now. Handling is tighter and it stops with no wobble. So enjoyable to drive, can cruise at 30 but it can shift if you mash the throttle. Had a go in manual, 6500 rpm limiter.

finally got the dead stereo out and fitted one I had laying round that works. 8 speakers and an 8 inch sub as standard, all working and don't actually sound too bad. Noj, been doing some research and have now found out the 4WD version that ive got is sub 6 seconds 0-60..........nipping at the heels of that M3! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Another Update

done around 1000 miles in it now, finally got round to doing an ECU reset, my god the thing has woken up! Before it lacked a bit of bottom end pull but now even a touch on the throttle and its just instant. A merc E350 estate thought he would try and make me look stupid down my local bypass,saw him in his rear view mirror laughing at me, nah mate, weren't having that. Stuck with him all the way no problem and he was going for it hard. Its definitely had its limiter removed so it needs a definite dyno test to see what its doing. I'm convinced its not standard now.

will get the go pro set up on the clocks then bung it on the dash after, will do it at the weekend. Its a funny motor to drive, drive around at speed limits, its quiet. Soon as you stamp on the throttle, it sounds like a beaten tiger! Haha