• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

racing spare parts

newnitroer

hi,

going to start taking my HPI bullet down to the herts nitro model club soon with the hope that it is going to become my local track I already contacted them and they said that I can race on 2 out of the three tracks they have any regulars or anyone that has been there know which two track they will be and what they are like. (jumps surface ect) I was also wondering what are the common spare parts I should get and stock up on before going there for the day.

the bullet is getting repaired next week (see my other post) so want to stock up on spare parts before I take it to the track for the first time.

newnitroer

The three tracks are :

Dirt track- this is the main track you can use

Astro 1/10th scale track- has blue track layout

Astro 1/8 scale track- has orange piping like the dirt track.

You would be free to use the dirt track and astro track with orange piping.

I would also suggest that if you have any problems you ask the herts rc shop for help. They are great people and some of the people working there are great racers they really know their stuff about rc!

wow thanks that's good to know nice to hear that they are great people as I am traveling by train all the way from the other side of Hertfordshire. I'm new to nitro (as the username suggest) so will be need lots of help and advice on racing.

You would be free to use the dirt track and astro track with orange piping"

The one with the orange piping is the 1/8th scale track but my bullet is 1/10 so will I not have to use the blue track instead of the orange one.??

Still would like to come prepared on the day though and at least have some spare parts on hand recommendation anyone.

Newnitroer

Sorry my mind is else where. My guess is you can use the 2 astro tracks but the main dirt one will be off limits.

Its not unusual for racers to be there practising, but if it is empty im sure you can use it on the dirt track.

As for spares i cant really help to much.

Steering knuckles, arms things like that its helpful to have on hand.

You should find its harder to break things on the the track compared to a carpark or road.