• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My LC Racing emb-1 pro kit, just built

KevAmiga

32 minutes ago, KevAmiga said:

Its not to everyones taste haha :)

AGA chipset, forget that! Im all a1000 on OCS with Kick 1.2!!!

:P

Not the place for discussion really but my A1230  still resides in the loft - the 030 upgrade board seems to have died though as she won't boot with it in.  Is there a reliable and cheap way to connect them to a modern monitor?  I let my old CRT multiscan thing go years ago :/

Unfortunately not. Amiga's output @15khz not the standard 30 so most monitors wont sync.

Your options are :

1. Use a TV via SCART

2. Get a Scandoubler / flickerfixer

3. Use Emulation

HOWEVER - all is not lost. There's something on the horizon that MAY make me get a real a1200 again.

http://www.kipper2k.com/accel600.html

Thats the a600 version but the a1200 version is in development.. so compared to your 68030 (apollo)?

- 128MB Fastmem RAM

- Digital video output,

- SD card for HDD storage 

- 64 bit core, full 32 bit compatibility

- Directly update core from the Amiga without need for external programmer

- FPU and 16 bit Audio is planned for future updates

It is faster than an Amiga 1200 with a 68060 accelerator running at 80MHz. It generates very little heat, does not require a fan and doesn't dim your lights when you turn on the computer.

• Like 1

Cheers - I've used scart but having no CRT screen available it looks atrocious on any of our LCD TV's, i'll have to look into flicker fixer etc.  Emulation is an option I suppose, though whilst i've a real one in working order it doesn't interest so much.

That board looks promising, I always wanted an A4000 but being a student it wasn't feasible - back then 4mb of RAM was £150 and the 030 board was possibly double that - it was a long time ago. 

If you need any help with the LC shout up - i'm on my second chassis now after the original was pretty worn out and also have the MT.

21 minutes ago, KevAmiga said:

Awesome cheers man :)

Need to get an ESC and motor for it now, then hit the local community hall to tweek it and hopefully, get some racing in this winter :)

I've the new tenshock in mine now, and early thoughts are it's disappointing compared to the 4500kv leopard - there's a small chance it's the esc i'm using (60a sportsman) but unlikely.  

I've a set of new unused stock electrics spare if your struggling to find something.

1 minute ago, KevAmiga said:

How much for the stock electrics? Is that ESC and Motor? Would need them posted too.

It is yh, I'll pm you then list in the FS section if your interested - will need to be a little later though as i'm out atm.