• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Whats the hyper 7 to buy? Tq etc ?

Rory

Im thinking of adding a hyper 7 to my collection , partly to see what all the fuss is about really! I really like my hyper ST so hoping I'll enjoy a 7 too.

What I want to know is which model should I look out for? black, TQ .... there are quite a lot Im a bit confused. Whatever it is I'll probably ditch the standard engine and fit something better anyway, so been looking out for rollers etc.

Incremental changes to them all.  The newest version is the TQ2 and the one to aim for imo - though purely from a chassis perspective - I don't run nitro anymore.  Check them out on modelsport etc.  

When looking for a used one note then newer sliver shocks fitted to the TQ2, as well as some of the older versions - there the biggest improvement for me over the older ones.  Shock tower design has changed, as has battery tray but there all interchangeable.  Try to avoid the PBS as spares are harder to get and the improvement it offered was more for track use.  The pinnacles are prob the 7 Pro and 7.5's - some had fantastic 20mm shocks as well as some CF parts and an extended chassis iirc.  Not many around now.

• Like 1

Hmm its quite tempting to buy a new tq2 at £250 and sell the unused engine.

Then again one more around £100 is a lot easier on the wallet lol

Edited by Rory

1 hour ago, Rory said:

Hmm its quite tempting to buy a new tq2 at £250 and sell the unused engine.

Then again one more around £100 is a lot easier on the wallet lol

There's almost always good clean rollers round, though a new one does have it's attraction.  Are you planning on doing a b/l conversion?  it's been awhile since I priced up but the eBay breakers were very competitive for building back up from parts - more so if you send them an email and deal direct cutting out fees.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capri-boy said:

There's almost always good clean rollers round, though a new one does have it's attraction.  Are you planning on doing a b/l conversion?  it's been awhile since I priced up but the eBay breakers were very competitive for building back up from parts - more so if you send them an email and deal direct cutting out fees.  

Ah good thinking , I might try that but I do want everything bar TX and rx, and the engine so that doesn't leave them much room for profit on those items 

1 minute ago, Rory said:

Ah good thinking , I might try that but I do want everything bar TX and rx, and the engine so that doesn't leave them much room for profit on those items 

Likely not, I was assuming (incorrectly) you wanted a nice chassis to run brushless!

The stock radio gear from the H7 tq2 is pretty good and should make you back around £25 - always something to consider.