• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Can I get driveshafts like this in metal?

Nikonite

After struggling to get any drive with a car I tightened the grub screw against the inner flat edge on the shaft from the gearbox. The car then worked for a 10 minute blast around the garden but basically the grub screw isn't tight in the hole now. The plastic is pretty chewed up and it's got a split in it. I think it really needs metal ones. Thanks

20160628_102305-1~2.jpg

Edited by Nikonite

looks like the sort traxxas use . get some sizes . I'm sure someone will know if one of the traxxas ones is the same or similar

• Like 1

looking at yours, it seems to be a center driveshaft, the only spares i have are the driveshaft from the wheel to the gearbox.

im almost certain that they are the same other than the length, so whatever parts broken on yours then i can send the bits to make it whole again.

6 minutes ago, Nikonite said:

The hole is 5mm and the output shaft has two opposing flat faces. I don't think the length is super critical as one hoes into the other. Even if I could split the metal heads would be a start I guess. 

So like all RC dogbone and driveshaft links?

609217d1277527904-hyper-st-pro-rear-dogb

No its a cup that fits over the output shaft with 2 grub screws and a centre screw this connects via joint to a female half shaft. The wheel side is a male which goes into the female. A guess would be it allows for increased suspension travel. 

Edited by Nikonite