• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help! Hyper 7 just won't start!

Help please guys! 

I got my Hyper 7 TQ2 .28 on Tuesday. Set up all the radio properly, don't all the checks before hand and my engine just will not start! You name it I've probz done it and still it will not start. Already broke the pull start to it today and had to fit a new one :( 

hair dryer to heat the head up so the heat makes  it a bit looser seeing as its brand new and very tight no doubt...:good:....i always used to blow down the tube off the exhaust to get the fuel into the carb...then crack off the plug ever so slighty so it don't hydro lock....and then try to start it....always worked for me....sum time it would lock..so plug out..few plugs....then start again...

Edited by evssv

Start with car off ground.

Lean the LSN a bit, maybe too rich. Raise idle rpm using transmitter trim.

Pre-warm and slightly loose glow plug helps with new engine if pinch is very tight, less stress on pull start.

Edited by locky

Every new engine/car I had from the Hyper 21/28 had the LSN too lean....I set the LSN so the head of the screw is proud of the surround by 0.5mm...the idle gap at 1mm....and HSN at least 3.5 ( HSN setting not a great concern as only using low rpm on new engine).

21 hours ago, Anthoop said:

Every new engine/car I had from the Hyper 21/28 had the LSN too lean....I set the LSN so the head of the screw is proud of the surround by 0.5mm...the idle gap at 1mm....and HSN at least 3.5 ( HSN setting not a great concern as only using low rpm on new engine).

I did this with my .21 hyper when it was new. Shame they don't put anything in the manual about needle settings and tuning, no wonder so many nitro first timers get all uptight from not being able to start or even run a nitro engine!!

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 16:20, firestorm01 said:

I did this with my .21 hyper when it was new. Shame they don't put anything in the manual about needle settings and tuning, no wonder so many nitro first timers get all uptight from not being able to start or even run a nitro engine!!

I agree that most manuals do not really offer much help for the inexperienced...but...(and there can be many buts).....I have had and ran many Hyper engines, I like them as they are cheap and easy...I know settings/plugs/fuel that always work for me for a new engine...and I always tell anyone....but these are the settings that work for me...there was a time when CML included a few sheets of general guidance but sadly they felt the need to cut costs ( mmm printing a piece of A4...).

Overall there is not a great deal of help from any manufacturer on the "ins and outs" of an engine...but there was a time when people in general were expected to figure things out on their own....it is a hobby... ;)

I agree with everyone's comments. Forums are so helpful these days ??! I've taken the car out for the first time after having it bedded in and needs more time but started second time and went for awhile cutting out here and there with a bit more throttle but starting back up straight away! Enjoyed it and taking it back out tomorrow for more goes! 

You enjoy it now but just wait until you have it all tuned up nicely!!! My Mrs hates it when I have some free time and fuel, I always go for a blast over my local BMX track for an hour, just like this evening!!!