• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cen Fun Factor 1/10 Rally

Burridge

And the award for ****est R/C car name goes to...

Picked this up off the bay the other night when I was at work for 30 whole pounds.

It's a Cen Fun Factor (as you probably guessed) a 1/10 scale 4wd rally car with 2 speed box, came with a .16 engine and a decent amount of thick aluminium parts, released in 2001.

His pictures looked as though they were taken with a toaster, next to no description and the auction ended at midnight on a Monday... Smart.

Anyway, I got it for the starting bid and received it today, body shell is in much better condition than I expected, looks like it's never been used, came with all the manuals and even original tools.

Although the actual car looked abit sorry for itself.

He said it hadn't been ran for 12 months although it looked as though it was a lot longer.

Pulled the cord... Nothing. Seized solid.

Oh poo I thought. Took the head off, sprayed a load of GT85 down the cylinder and whacked the heat gun on it for a few minutes. After a fair amount of wrestling it broke free.

No scoring in the bore from what I could see, put the head back on aswell as abit more gt85.

Put some fuel and a new plug in it, primed it, started second pull, what?!

Ran it about the garden, no bogging, revved fine and I hadn't touched a thing on it. Very unnerving for a 15 year old nitro.

Now I'm gonna go about stripping and cleaning it, and gluing the tyres on as they kept flying off...

Overall I'm a fairly happy bunny!

7316d3f98b0626da562b0b79eb3fb46b.jpgbae7a6e012d6aade71a755798be439f5.jpgeaddb5f20494b3abeb0a1614b3804673.jpg5a9dc549580b5ca81d47eb63287b6bc5.jpg6b5c8ceb005eedb078e1f0e5f3f36010.jpg2b6eaca0edacb02dd949a6c25bde18a2.jpg

Can't grumble for the money [emoji4]  Im sure it will look good when you get it all cleaned up.  And 2 speed as well, thats quite cool. 

That's what I thought! Thought I may have made a costly mistake when the engine was seized though, got lucky with it coming free and without damage!

And I hope so! It's begun... :Db6192cb2c7886fd3a6ed7df09fb4600c.jpg

I still have 10 of them, in various forms. They are "eating nowt" and for what they fetch, I'm happy for them to stay there for friends etc. to play with.

38 minutes ago, Shudson said:

I still have 10 of them, in various forms. They are "eating nowt" and for what they fetch, I'm happy for them to stay there for friends etc. to play with.

10!  How many rc cars do you have in total ?  I see you have an amazing collection just judging by your member info! 

Just now, Rory said:

10!  How many rc cars do you have in total ?  I see you have an amazing collection just judging by your member info! 

I think at last count it was about 55. Plus a few helicopters/drones, 2 or 3 planes, a couple of motorbikes and a few boats, including my 45 year old championship winning ones.

Not to mention several boxes of spares to keep everything running!

• 5 years later...
On 25/05/2016 at 15:17, Shudson said:

I've got one myself, its my first and its brilliant wen it runs, atm it seems to pop on the pull and also sound like it's idle is wrong, very difficult to start now, maybe u have advice please. Thanks