• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ARX 540 Nitro?

martin34

That's a shame mate.I am sure it will be worth it in the end tho.Theres not a lot I can do to mine at the mo as it was prebuilt.They had set the gear mesh way to tight tho and somehow rounded the allen head while building it.I had to take it into work to get the bolt out.Another tip is if you ever need spares such as whells,tyres,forks basically any of the parts that are the same on the nitro and electric model buy x rider parts.Exactly the same but a lot cheaper.

I set mine up by loosening the two bottom grub screws.Fully compress the forks holding the wheel rite at the top then while in that position do up the brushless screws.That way they should fully compress and spring back freely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martin34 said:

I set mine up by loosening the two bottom grub screws.Fully compress the forks holding the wheel rite at the top then while in that position do up the brushless screws.That way they should fully compress and spring back freely.

Thanks

The bike actually makes the engine look really small :)

The I see of this the more I want one .

Have you seen the video on you tube of one of these with a 2 speed fitted that a guy modded to fit 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tomr said:

The bike actually makes the engine look really small :)

The I see of this the more I want one .

Have you seen the video on you tube of one of these with a 2 speed fitted that a guy modded to fit 

No not seen that have you got a link? please. Thanks

Not at the moment waiting for things to arrive. Now got a nimh battery 7.2 volts and 1600mah about the same size as a LiPo. Also wasn`t happy with the throttle/brake set up so got a better servo and servo horn for it. All arrived this morning so should be able to make some progress now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ian w said:

I will when its done it is a real pain to get right

I can imagine as the linkages look quite complicated.I am thinking about getting one of those Outwears style air filter covers.With the air filter being where it is the front tyre is going to throw up all sorts straight at it and get it very dirty very quick.

44 minutes ago, martin34 said:

I can imagine as the linkages look quite complicated.I am thinking about getting one of those Outwears style air filter covers.With the air filter being where it is the front tyre is going to throw up all sorts straight at it and get it very dirty very quick.

Good idea not sure you will get one small enough tho`

24 minutes ago, Ian w said:

Good idea not sure you will get one small enough tho`

Motorsaver make one that I think is the rite size.I will have to take my filter off and measure it.

24 minutes ago, martin34 said:

Motorsaver make one that I think is the rite size.I will have to take my filter off and measure it.

If you find one could you please link it thanks

26 minutes ago, Ian w said:

If you find one could you please link it thanks

I am useless with pc's and don't know how to do links but I will give you all the details so you can see what I think will fit

• Like 1