• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Helion Select Four 10TR 4WD Brushless Truggy

stretch

58 minutes ago, Daveyb84 said:

isnt the arrma going to be like 700 quid though? cant compare it surely? 

Who's comparing? I just want both, don't judge me! :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tug said:

It's an addiction, I'm the victim! Don't judge me! :crying:

Who's judging? Not I. 

1 minute ago, Tug said:

The "don't judge me" part is a joke, Kathleen Turner in "My name is Earl". ;)

I've not seen that episode, I'll watch out for it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 10:25, Tug said:

The "don't judge me" part is a joke, Kathleen Turner in "My name is Earl". ;)

Couldn't help it, if you like my name is earl you'll probably love "the trailer park boys" it's old as tho so probably know of it  

3 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Any news on what actual motor combo it's coming with yet and price ? 

Isnt the info on the site correct? Pics look like Reaktor.

http://helion-rc.com/Select/four10TR/

Supplied with a premium 2850KV 4-pole brushless motor, a massive 120A ESC, the FOUR 10TR accelerates to a tire-scorchingly quick 55+ mph with the recommended 3S LiPo installed.

Edited by Twist

Their Reaktor brand, however, based on the SC, I feel it may be a rebadged Hobbywing.

No price as yet, expecting this to be sub 300 quid though if they want a cut of the market, based on what else is available in that price bracket.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Noj said:

Their Reaktor brand, however, based on the SC, I feel it may be a rebadged Hobbywing.

No price as yet, expecting this to be sub 300 quid though if they want a cut of the market, based on what else is available in that price bracket.

I would hope nearer the HPI e-firestorm flux pricing. Its definitely got my interest. But im still waiting on Kraton stock.

Edited by Twist

ALERT @Noj

My LHS went to Jperkins today and said they had these in stock, just got them.

RRP is £389, LHS sells for around £50 less. ESC is rated up to 4S.

Edited by Twist

13 minutes ago, Noj said:

Pricey....well, more than I expected...

Yeah, I wouldve hoped around £250, does look good though, must be mental on 4s. Could just be launch / early adopter price, may settle lower.

Edited by Twist

Sub three hundred, by a whole penny would be better.... despite being very good, not personally convinced that the brand has enough presence to command higher pricing quite yet.

On 27/07/2016 at 10:16, Twist said:

Isnt the info on the site correct? Pics look like Reaktor.

http://helion-rc.com/Select/four10TR/

Supplied with a premium 2850KV 4-pole brushless motor, a massive 120A ESC, the FOUR 10TR accelerates to a tire-scorchingly quick 55+ mph with the recommended 3S LiPo installed.

Supplied with the premium 3500kV Radient Reaktor4T brushless motor and 60T ESC, the FOUR 10TR accelerates to a tire-scorchingly quick 55+ mph with the recommended 3S LiPo installed. It’s guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Our exclusive Total System Protection (TSP) offers bullet-proof temperature and current protection for both the motor and ESC. Just drive how you want – we’ve got you covered.

As beforehand it states this 

Who doesn’t like speed? Truggy drivers thrive on it, so when you told us you wanted more, we listened, we engineered, and we gave you a powertrain with the punch to put you firmly in the lead. Supplied with a premium 2850KV 4-pole brushless motor, a massive 120A ESC and up to 4S LiPo compatibility, speed and torque is not something the Four 10TR lacks. Accelerating to a blistering 35+mph, this one threatens to take your breath away.

so what speed does it have and what motor and esc ? 

Does it do a scorchingly quick 55+ mph or the not so fast blistering 35+ mph ?? 

This is why i asked and it looks like the only bit they changed was the motor now states a 2850kv and there's no mention of the 3500kv as in previous posts it still states it does 55 and 35 though which isnt as quick as you may think the Losi MT does over 35mph on just a 2s lol and its cheaper going of you other post !! 

5 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Supplied with the premium 3500kV Radient Reaktor4T brushless motor and 60T ESC, the FOUR 10TR accelerates to a tire-scorchingly quick 55+ mph with the recommended 3S LiPo installed. It’s guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Our exclusive Total System Protection (TSP) offers bullet-proof temperature and current protection for both the motor and ESC. Just drive how you want – we’ve got you covered.

As beforehand it states this 

Who doesn’t like speed? Truggy drivers thrive on it, so when you told us you wanted more, we listened, we engineered, and we gave you a powertrain with the punch to put you firmly in the lead. Supplied with a premium 2850KV 4-pole brushless motor, a massive 120A ESC and up to 4S LiPo compatibility, speed and torque is not something the Four 10TR lacks. Accelerating to a blistering 35+mph, this one threatens to take your breath away.

so what speed does it have and what motor and esc ? 

Does it do a scorchingly quick 55+ mph or the not so fast blistering 35+ mph ?? 

This is why i asked and it looks like the only bit they changed was the motor now states a 2850kv and there's no mention of the 3500kv as in previous posts it still states it does 55 and 35 though which isnt as quick as you may think the Losi MT does over 35mph on just a 2s lol and its cheaper going of you other post !! 

He told me it has the 120A ESC. 2850 motor.

Edited by Twist

13 minutes ago, Twist said:

He told me it has the 120A ESC. 2850 motor.

Okay thanks at the price point you posted I can't see this taking off Rrp of £389 is way to much even if it's got a cheeky £50 off its still £339 I reckon it needs to be in line with the little Losi MT at £289 myself to sell well ..

I hope it hits the shelves at lot less than estimated or the long wait might turn into a disappointing non starter for me :(