• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Car will now no longer start

charlieemc

Hello again lol,  i ran my car today at it lasted 12 seconds of driving around until it stalled and stoped.

I tried to start it again it wont,  i'v -  Charged glow starter - checked for leaks - primed the engine - factory needle settings - changed the glow plug to a new one. 

NOTHING WILL WORK :crying:

Heat the engine up, with a heat gun or hair dryer, and prime properly (make sure the fuel tank is full and that fuel is flowing down the line). Then give it an extra 5 pulls without covering the exhaust. Open the idle gap, and attempt to start it with a few quick pulls. Is your fuel fresh? Does the glow plug actually glow when you take it out?

10 minutes ago, behappy2755 said:

Heat the engine up, with a heat gun or hair dryer, and prime properly (make sure the fuel tank is full and that fuel is flowing down the line). Then give it an extra 5 pulls without covering the exhaust. Open the idle gap, and attempt to start it with a few quick pulls. Is your fuel fresh? Does the glow plug actually glow when you take it out?

Iv heated it. primed it properly (iv got a automatic starter thingy) tank is full, done all that -.0

Take the plug out, check if the end has got fuel on it if it is dry means no fuel is getting thro` means a blockage somewhere, if it is wet could be flooded turn car upside down with plug out pull pullstart a few times put plug back in don`t prime to much and try to start again.

Make sure your glow plug is O/K.

1. Take glow plug out and put in glow igniter to make sure it is glowing nice and hot.

2. Make sure fuel is getting into engine, see it move through the lines as you crank engine.

3. Increase idle rpm using the transmitter trim.

4. Lean LSN a little.

5. If flooded remove glow plug and turn engine over.

when the roto starter is trying to start it and engine cooler block that connects to the engine, there is a tiny gap and smoke comes out of there, the screws are not crossed, and fuel is spitting out from the same spot... no idea -/-

So you think there is a leak from the seal between the cooling head and the engine, possibly either cooling head or glow plug seal issue. Remove the 4 screws and cooling head and check surfaces are clean, check the screws tighten up in the engine and are not stripped, either screws or thread. Check seal between glow plug washer condition and cooling head surfaces. Replace cooling head and make sure it sits flat/square on engine and hand tighten screws.

• Like 1

On 18/05/2016 at 09:17, locky said:

So you think there is a leak from the seal between the cooling head and the engine, possibly either cooling head or glow plug seal issue. Remove the 4 screws and cooling head and check surfaces are clean, check the screws tighten up in the engine and are not stripped, either screws or thread. Check seal between glow plug washer condition and cooling head surfaces. Replace cooling head and make sure it sits flat/square on engine and hand tighten screws.

done that just now, and still leakes fuel everywhere, when the rotostart turns, i see smoke and fuel leaking from the cooling head and the main engine bit

The only time I've had fuel coming from between the head and crankcase was when the fuel was under too much pressure.

I'd forgot to open an air vent on the heli when I filled it and that caused pressurized fuel which then peed out from between the 2 while running. I have clip thingy's on the intakes to stop dirt ingress when not in use and forgot to unlock them.

Can't see how that could happen on a car tho??  

Edited by dazp1976

1 hour ago, charlieemc said:

done that just now, and still leakes fuel everywhere, when the rotostart turns, i see smoke and fuel leaking from the cooling head and the main engine bit

How many washers were under the cooling and the engine blocks? There tend to 1 needed as a rule, but i've run none in the past

Video of whats happening - we need to see what exactly is happening

Ziggy

15 minutes ago, locky said:

Sure it's not the exhaust gasket?

nono, i got it, just drove 9 miles goto buy a underhead, it works now, no idea what was wrong with the other one, i cleaned it and everything :P. but it works now thanks :D