• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

any advise on glue?

andraco

Hi Folks, I wonder which glue (if any) yus would recommend to fix a broken screw hole (erm.....smile emoticon see picture for clarity..... I have tried super/ crazy/ whaever glue but it is too brittle of course and broke again as soon as I drove the screw through. I was thinking to try epoxy, but any better idea, than epoxy?

large.20160512_200832.jpglarge.20160512_195329.jpg

My revo had a front a arm held together with loctite super glue until I replaced the arms. I was blown away how good it held up. 

The revo arm snapped straight in half, I set the peices together and could use cable ties to hold it firm.  I then doused it in loctite glue. Planning to remove the cable ties but it all set rock hard so I left the cable ties on. One day I ramped a dipped curb it shocked the front end to lift about 2ft up.  I checked the arm and just one of the contacts had come unstuck. So I gave it another coating. It never snapped again about two months in total. 

But as said it's brittle and probably wouldn't hold screw thrads. 

But there's another option for stripped threads I'm sure I've heard of something that does that.  

Jb weld? 

I would try shoo goo myself that's a great tube of goo to have in the tool box even if it doesn't work.  You'll find a million other uses for it. 

Gorilla glue has me sold I'm going to get some of that soon and see how good it really is. I love the tv advert how it looks like tree roots growing into brick. 

Can't you get spare arms for this model if avaliable they should be cheaper than most good glues. Or mayb a member has one lying around throw a wanted ad up.  

Oh it's not the arm snapped but straight through the screw hole. It looks like a tamiya tho so Surley someone will have the part on here. 

• 8 months later...

From my experience the most easiest and most reliable is a new part. Though on the odd occasion I've modified a part in order to prevent it happening again. Looking at the pics I couldn't figure out how to modify that so a new part I think mate.