• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's 5ive T

.AJ.

I just do it as a precaution now. Once the spring comes off I can slide the pipe off and back on without removing the cable ties, just keeps it all nice and tight.

• Like 1

Yep, you pull the 4 clips and it comes straight out. Perfect for me because I keep the truck indoors, I can whip out the tank at the end of a bash and stick it in my shed and it saves stinking out my flat :good:

• Like 1

20160518_144019_zpsr0ose17j.jpg

20160518_144014_zpsrmyrhtln.jpg

Glad I went for these, the front centre driveshaft is already showing signs of wearing after only 2hrs, now being booted and greased with moly they should last a lot longer :) 

I'll warrant that throttle linkage was well packaged to prevent bending in transit....

Coming together very nicely now AJ, what's next in the pipeline?? 

The linkage was sandwiched inbetween cardboard and arrived lovely and straight lol, I've not really got any plans on what to do next, I'm just going to run it and see where that leads :good:

PS, a Hoonage rear bulk and MIP shocks would be nice :lol: 

• Like 1

Inspired packing from a company that clearly cares...

What is it about the MIP shocks that grabs you? For me, they're overpriced and I don't really see a benefit over stockers....

I can see the body not lasting very long tho, it's already got some nasty creases and a couple splits, I'm not a fan of that 30degree north one, the rear arches look terrible....

Just now, .AJ. said:

I can see the body not lasting very long tho, it's already got some nasty creases and a couple splits, I'm not a fan of that 30degree north one, the rear arches look terrible....

Now I have the 30 Degree's North panels and if you run the panels with 190mm tires ( Instead of the stock 180mm ) it makes all the difference as the tires fill the rear arch up better.

Not to mention that due to how the panels are designed the tires will never rub on them, the front section also wraps around the cage so it's stops a lot more rubbish getting in to the chassis then the stock panels do to.

7 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Looks crap tho, I'll speak to that German chap who also does a "unbreakable" shell when the time comes 

I completely disagree with you on the 30N shell, I love mine.  But if we all thought the same thing it would be boring :-)

Dont worry too much about the drive pins. they seem to ware very quick but then just stop lol i never changed one in mine in 2 years worth of nationals

the front diff one was worn half through and still worked fine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

Cool, they are booted now, if I can't see them, then I won't worry about them :lol: 

You've got much more important things to worry about.... as the 'king of bling', your cleaning is still substandard.. LOL

have you had the cotton buds on the errant dirt yet?

Next level mate, page 12 I started to think where will this go next and first I thought was bodyshell. This deserves something special wrap or air brush? 

I used to think the penta shell was the best body on the market of any scale but lately it hasn't been as striking. Especially once the arches are smashed and ditched.

I'm starting to like cage panel types more now, seems mad to spend so much on lexan that doesn't last. If I ever use my baja and break the body I'll just panel the chase cage.