• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Where to buy?

dazp1976

Generally speaking, you are going to get clobbered with import duty (20%) with any goods over the value of £50 and the courier is going to charge an administration fee to collect this from you. That would bring your price from China up to or even above that of the UK supplier, so unless the price is less than 50% of the UK price it is not worth the effort and it is good to support our local suppliers.
There are some exceptions to this and certain Chinese suppliers manage to get round this excise duty, but I don't know how or if it is legal. I only shop abroad if I can't get it here.

Hmm. Got me looking at the Chargery 1500 too now (you pain in the butt :lol::yes: Was initially going to get one from Coolice but I'm thinking in terms of warranty if I'm going to invest and transporting the stuff if I take the car anywhere.

I'm impatient as well, Coollice could take around 4 weeks to buy+ build it.

I don't have experience with any of the chargers under discussion so can't comment on that aspect of the question, but as for where to buy, I'd say anything that might require a warranty claim at some point in the future is best bought in the UK. Here you are protected by the Consumer Rights Act and the Sales of Goods Act, whereas they don't apply to offshore purchases.