• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

froggys revo 2.5

froggy8

Hey Andy, had a quick look at yout thread and you cleaned your diffs with brake fluid and the diff housing you used duck oil, problem is i dont have any of them. all ive got is electrical cleaners, halfords carb cleaner and bit of nitro cleaner. i was thinking filling a cup with petrol and put my diffs in there and clean the diff housing with carb cleaner, what do you think?

Hey Andy, had a quick look at yout thread and you cleaned your diffs with brake fluid and the diff housing you used duck oil, problem is i dont have any of them. all ive got is electrical cleaners, halfords carb cleaner and bit of nitro cleaner. i was thinking filling a cup with petrol and put my diffs in there and clean the diff housing with carb cleaner, what do you think?

The stuff you got will clean just as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

the engine got loose and stripped the spur gear and upon close inspection the screws wouldnt tighten up onto the engine mount so i put some fresh ones in and just waiting on all the parts and il be doing a full strip down ( it will be my first time ever!). hopefully il have it all end of this week and the build can commence :)

• Like 1

a guy from canada is sending me 3 chassis, 1 new 2.5, 1 old 2.5 and 1 old 3.3 plus he is giving me his old 3.3 engine too!

looks like i will have quite abit of spares :)

• Like 1

Looks good buddy. One word of advice, if you intend running it swop the yellow tie on the exhaust coupler for a wider one. That will cut through the silicon very quickly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spannermonkey said:

Looks good buddy. One word of advice, if you intend running it swop the yellow tie on the exhaust coupler for a wider one. That will cut through the silicon very quickly.

cheers mate, will do that tomorrow :thumbsup: