• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Yeti XL & Losi Mini 8ight T Advise

Chris-RcDrift

Hello Folks

Have been away from RC for a while but now the good weather is coming in I thought I'd blow the dust off the RC's.

The bit of help I'm looking for is with the yeti, I'm sure yous are all aware that the XL is quite a big truck but uses 10th scale servos, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a good 10th scale servo for the yeti or even better if someone has came across a way of fitting a 5th scale servo into one.

Secondly is the mini 8ight T, I swapped over the pinion and went to a 3s got a couple runs out of it then the spur gear decided to strip, I've had a look for hardened steel ones but havent came across anything yet. Was hoping maybe someone on here has found one at reasonable money and would point me in the right direction.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

On 3/29/2016 at 16:14, turok007 said:

On 3/29/2016 at 17:01, evssv said:

Or if u got a few  £££ then look at a savox 1256tg....45-50quid..25kg servo....:good:

Thanks for the replies guys, I was looking at the power HD one but wasn't sure how good it was, I do like the savox ones now I'll go have a look at them aswell!

Hot racing did a steel spur for the Mini8, but you also need a hardened pinion, or the stock brass one will just shred. I spent ages looking for one in 2mm bore sie and there are none. I managed to find a 3.2mm pinion bore reducer....as there are plenty in that size.