• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Servo upgrade for 5ive t

Smarttech

I've got dual hitec, dual Savox, single spectrum and single Tonnie.  The tonngawa servo runs on 3s and I've not used it in anger yet but it's amazingly fast and powerful, the dual servo set ups are also fast and very reliable.  The one that's really impressing me is the 9020 Spektrum.  I like it that much, I've bought another for the next truck I buy... Probably the FFFIIIIDDDDDD DRAGON. :D 

3 hours ago, Harris2258 said:

Got the 9020 & 9010 on my 5t can't fault them. 

I'm guessing the 9010 replaces the throttle/brake servo. Is this also more powerful ? If I set my brakes up so they only just make contact they are pretty crap but don't like having them set so it won't free wheel. 

If I buy a 9010 as well will this give more braking power or do I need to look at a brake upgrade. 

4 hours ago, Carpmart said:

Standard throttle servo is more than man enough for the job.  You should use a brace between servo and brakes, the threshold one is superb!  BTW Got a brand new one for sale in the FS section...

Rock armour H... not threshold :D

Standard throttle servo is good enough to lock up the breaks so no need to upgrade that...

These new spectrum servos, if they last well then they will be great! 

Tonnie servo is great but you need a mount and dual servos are a pain to set up. 

This is definitelythe way to go (spectrum)

Spektrum 9020 for sure, just wish they would come down in price a bit

A mate has raced with twin savox, twin hitec, the big hitec 1000 and the big uber tonegawa and has now swapped to a single 9020 and reckons that is better than all of them.
At my last race meet my twin savox set up was red hot after a 15 min race whereas another mates 9020 was still stone cold.

S9020 on the way, seems to be limited stock in the UK - which is contributing to the high price.

I've seen almost £20 difference between the least/most expensive - with only those selling at the top end having any in stock :(

34 minutes ago, Bunny_Basher said:

S9020 on the way, seems to be limited stock in the UK - which is contributing to the high price.

I've seen almost £20 difference between the least/most expensive - with only those selling at the top end having any in stock :(

Freeprawn have just received a delivery of 9020's...

On 25 March 2016 at 18:41, (-:AD:-) said:

Rock armour H... not threshold :D

Standard throttle servo is good enough to lock up the breaks so no need to upgrade that...

These new spectrum servos, if they last well then they will be great! 

Tonnie servo is great but you need a mount and dual servos are a pain to set up. 

This is definitelythe way to go (spectrum)

You're 100% correct Ant! :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Noj said:

Freeprawn have just received a delivery of 9020's...

I know, my order was placed on Tue ;)

I could have ordered one elsewhere for £140 collected (not in stock), but being the sort that wants my stuff now, I ended up paying nearer the £160 (incl P&P).

Edited by Bunny_Basher

Before I get home tonight, can someone please confirm if the stock Losi servo horn will fit the S9020 (15-spine?).

I naively assumed that it would, but having seen a number of suppliers selling a 15-spine metal servo horn, starting to think that its another purchase I need.

5 hours ago, Bunny_Basher said:

I know, my order was placed on Tue ;)

I could have ordered one elsewhere for £140 collected (not in stock), but being the sort that wants my stuff now, I ended up paying nearer the £160 (incl P&P).

Servo - £149.99

Interlink (Next day) deliver -  £4.99

And you get £7.50 worth of bonus points too.

Not really nearly £160 is it. :)

Nige.

• Like 3